One Mistake ~ Qui Gon Jinn

"You're back!" I cheered slightly as Qui Gon walked into the small apartment we shared.

A bright smile was plastered on my face since he had been off on a mission with Obi-Wan as diplomats. The smile I had quickly faded as he pushed past me and quickly closed the door to his study. I stood in shock. He was never like that when he came back from a mission. Even if something did go bad, he would feel so much better after he walked in.

I quickly walked back towards the stove where I had dinner cooking, quickly taking off the food before it burnt. My thoughts battled with each other between going to check on him or just leaving him be. They were quickly changed when the sound of a lightsaber igniting came from the room.

"Qui?!" I yelled and ran towards the door, pushing my body against it.

It was locked or something was blocking it.

"Hey! Qui, what's wrong?!" I panicked and pounded on the door, not knowing what was happening in the room.

A loud groan broke through the noise I was making and a huge slam, shaking the floor slightly. I slowly stopped my hands, sliding them slightly on the door. One slowly wrapped around the knob, trying to jiggle it a little. Unfortunately, I didn't have the force so I couldn't just unlock it and walk through like Qui could do. Which has saved me from a lot of dumb things I've almost done.

"Qui..? I said again, leaning on the door.

The knob started to turn and I moved off of the door. It cracked slightly and I slowly pushed it open. Qui-Gon stood in the middle of the room, a few pieces of furniture where sliced in different places. His green lightsaber was still on and he had it pointing towards the floor. I held my ground next to the door, not understanding his mood. The lightsaber slowly turned off as he dropped the hilt to the floor, his hands flew up to his face. I quickly moved towards him.

"Hey, what's wrong, my love?" I asked, slowly wrapping my arms around his waist.

I laid my head on his back, not wanting to push him too far.

"I made one wrong move..." He mumbled, his voice wavering.

Qui-Gon kept his face in his hands and I sighed softly.

"He's gone...because of me.." Qui-Gon muttered making my eyes widened.

The only thing I could think of was Obi-Wan getting hurt. Qui had treated that kid like his own for the longest time and it would absolutely break his heart if something happened to him.

"Obi-Wan..?" I asked softly, feeling that's who he meant.

He responded with another sob which was harder than the few before. That was all I needed for that theory to be confirmed. I slowly moved myself in front of him, pulling his hands down from his face. Qui-Gon looked down at me, his face red from the tears. I slowly pushed him down and he followed the motions, sitting down on the floor. I followed and sat on my knees in front of him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pushed his face in the crook of my neck. I sighed softly, putting my arms around his neck. He started to break again, tears soaking my shirt. After a little bit longer he slowly calmed down, the sobs got quiet but his grip was still tight around me.

"Shh, it's okay.." I hushed him trying to help Qui-Gon calm down.

I could already think about the next few weeks, they were going to be terrible. Something like this has never happened before while we've been together. Qui-Gon slowly took deeper breaths and tried to relax himself. I ran my fingers through his hair and placed a small kiss on his temple.

"Come on love," I said softly as he calmed down more, trying to pull him up to his feet again. "It might be comfier to lay in bed."

Qui-Gon noddd and slowly stood up. As we walked towards our room, we didn't say anything to each other. Qui-Gon just sat onto the bed and stared at the floor. I sighed and sat next to him. He sighed and laid back, putting his hands over his face. My thoughts were blank, I had no idea how to help. I laid next to him and put an arm around his chest. We laid there for awhile. No words were spoken again. Qui-Gon slowly relaxed his arms and his body. He turned around to look at me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pushed his face into my chest and I tensed at the quick movement from him. I laid my head ontop of his, closing my eyes. A soft snore came from Qui-Gon and I smiled softly, knowing he fell asleep.

"I'm sorry I wasn't much help my love..Maybe we can talk about it in the morning." I said softly slowly falling asleep.