A Date ~ Anakin Skywalker

I pulled a small part out of an old pod racer engine.

"Ani! Here!" I tossed the small part to my best friend.

He smiled and grabbed it.

"This is exactly what I needed!" He exclaimed as I climbed out of the compartment.

He hugged me tightly and said a million thank yous. I giggled and we walked through the scrapyard. Anakin stared at the little part, inspecting it to make sure it would work in something he was building.

"You know (Y/n), when I get out of here, I'm gonna take you on a date." Anakin said and hugged me.

I giggled and looked at him. "Promise?"

He smiled and nodded. I held up my pinky finger and raised my eyebrow. He laughed and shook my pinky with his.

"When we grow up, I'll take you on a date I promise."

I smiled and giggled.

Well little did I know, that would be the last time me and Anakin would officially hang out together. A few days later, two Jedis showed up and took him. I had stayed with his mom for a little to help her. Shmi acted like a second mother to me. So I felt inclined to help her. I sighed softly, cleaning C3PO from some oil he had left on him from his oil bath.

"Thank you Miss (Y/n)."

I smiled and nodded. "Of course, someone's gotta help you."

"Do you think Master Anakin will come back?" He asked with a slight hint of sadness in his voice.

I stopped wiping and stared at the cloth. I sighed and smiled. "He promised he'd come back, so yeah."

"What wonderful news!" 3PO exclaimed making me giggle.

"You're all clean." I said and he thanked me before walking away.

I smiled and wiped the sweat from my forehead before sighing.

Time Skip

It had been about 10 years since Anakin had left. I had never forgotten the promise he made me. I don't know why I didn't, it just stuck with me. I wondered what he had looked like now. Anakin crosses my mind a lot, wondering if he completed his Jedi training, what he looked like, if his hair was still as blonde as I remember it. But I had no idea where to even start to see if I could find him, or if I should find him. When Shmi died, I was told Anakin was on Tatooine but I never saw him. I knew Owen and all them because I was there when his dad bought Shmi from Watto. I sighed and walked into the small house I had. I lived off in the boondocks area so I wouldn't be bothered a lot by people.

The Clone Wars, as everyone called them, had been going on and I felt like Mos Eisley was a warzone to be in. I laid down on the small couch, closing my eyes. I started to drift off to sleep before knocking at the door woke me up. I groaned and walked over towards it. Who in their right mind would just randomly show up to a house. I opened the door and a man with dirty blonde hair stood there with a bouquet of flowers. He wore a black outfit with armor plates in the shoulders. He had the republic signat one of the plates. My eyes widened as I looked at him.

"May I help you sir?" I questioned, holding the door tightly, ready to slam it if he tried anything.

His eyes widened as his face turned a light red.

"You're (Y/n) (l/n) right?" He asked softly.

I slowly opened the door more.

"Yes?" I raised and eyebrow.

He smiled and chuckled.

"It's me, Anakin?" He said and smiled at me.

I stared at him longer and smiled brightly.

"Oh Ani!" I squealed and jumped to hug him.

He laughed and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you so much!" Tears stung at my eyes as I put my face into his neck.

He held me close.

"I missed you too, I'm so sorry I didn't come see you the last time I was here. I was just trying to find my mother and that's all I focused on." Anakin said softly as I pulled away from him.

He straighten himself out and handed me the flowers. "But, I'm here to fulfill my promise I made to you."

I slowly grabbed onto the flowers.

"I believe I owe you a date." Anakin said softly.

I smiled and looked up at him. "I thought you would've forgotten about me by now."

"How could I ever forget my best friend?"

I giggled and moved out of the doorway to go put the flowers in water.

Anakin walked inside and closed the door. "A nice place (Y/n)."

"Thank you, what's up with outfit?" I asked when I came back.

He looked at me confused before smiling.

"Oh! You're looking at, General Skywalker." He said proudly.

I giggled at his goofy demeanor. He held his arm out to me and I grabbed onto it. We both walked out of the door and I saw a ship landed in front of my house. I blinked and wondered how I didn't notice it.

"So would it be okay if I took you to Courasnt?" Anakin asked and I nodded.

"Please get me off this planet." I groaned out, he laughed and walked up the landing ramp.

C3PO stood there and turned to look at me. "Oh dear, Miss (Y/n)! I haven't seen you in ages."

I smiled and walked over to the robot.

"Hey 3PO!" I exclaimed hugging him.

I pulled away and giggled.