Chapter 126

Many people came to the hearing site one after another.

According to the industrial layout, these people are naturally divided into two distinct camps, one belongs to the conservative faction, the other belongs to the cutting-edge faction.

Traditional car manufacturers are sitting on the left side of the venue, and cutting-edge car manufacturers and car software companies that have entered the field of driverless cars are sitting on the right.

The two sides looked directly at each other across the aisle, with modest smiles on their faces, but swords and swords were hidden in their eyes.

This hearing will decide the life and death of these two factions. If the government insists that driverless technology is immature and should be temporarily withdrawn from the market, then the cutting-edge car manufacturers and automobiles that have invested a lot of R&D funds but have not achieved any commercial benefits. Software development companies will suffer huge losses.

If the government continues to support the research and development and promotion of driverless cars, traditional car manufacturers will fall into a situation of slow decline due to their late start, low-end technology, and slow change.

To put it more bluntly, today's hearing is a game between two factions, and it is also a moment that determines the life and death of many manufacturers.

Seeing Zhuang Li leading a group of high-level executives into the venue, traditional car manufacturers waved to him and motioned him to sit over.

Representatives of automotive software development companies cast a hostile look at him.

It is precisely because of this person that the thriving smart car industry has ushered in an unprecedented winter overnight! Zhuang Li was able to easily defeat Eugene with a QR code, and pointed out that Eugene's most fatal weakness is his perception defect, so he should be tech-savvy.

"It's really sad that he himself is engaged in technology, but he has abandoned technology himself!" An executive of an automobile software development company shook his head and sighed at the engineer beside him.

"I don't understand what Mr. Zhuang thinks. If it weren't for him, our industry would not have suffered such a catastrophe." The engineer took off his glasses and shook his head helplessly.

They knew long before they came that the outcome of this hearing would not be in favor of the cutting-edge.

The person who presided over this hearing was Zong Zhengming, and the other party was a well-known hawk who never wavered his ideas for anyone or anything. So far, none of the reforms and policies he wants to push have not been implemented.

Eight times out of ten, the hearing was just a passing session, and the government will eventually veto the market for self-driving cars.

The business representatives sitting on the right seat looked at each other with bitter smiles.

Just then, Zhuang Li walked towards them, pulled out a chair and sat down in the middle of the first row.

Seeing his actions, there was an uproar at the scene.

"Mr. Zhuang, are you sitting in the wrong seat?" Someone beckoned across.

However, Zhuang Li just took out a cigar, put it in his mouth, and smiled inexplicably.

Everyone was a little confused, not knowing what he meant.

Even Zhuang Han, who was hiding in the crowd and preparing to listen to the meeting in a low-key manner, couldn't help sticking his head out, looking at Zhuang Li across the crowd, his eyes full of astonishment.

With Zhuang Jincheng's connections, Zhuang Han was able to enter the venue to inquire about news. After losing the Cambrian, he naturally chose the camp on the left, who still had a car factory.

He thought that Zhuang Li was the same, but he didn't expect the other party to choose the cutting-edge faction.

What the hell is Zhuang Li doing? What was in his head? He clearly knows that Zong Zhengming intends to disqualify the sales of driverless cars, why should he support the cutting-edge faction? Isn't he afraid of losing everything? By the way, did he take away the Cambrian to deploy the market for driverless cars?

Why is he always so daring?

These questions made Zhuang Han's head hurt.

At this moment, Zhuang Li's eyes suddenly met him, but he was not surprised by his appearance at all, he just looked away casually.

Zhuang Hanchong's younger brother smiled gently, and the moment he lowered his head, there was a strong unwillingness in his eyes. I don't know since when, in Zhuang Li's eyes, he has become an insignificant person.

"Mr. Zhuang, we are all about unmanned driving, do you want to change positions?" The boss who mocked Zhuang Li before asked in a low voice.

"I am also engaged in unmanned driving." Zhuang Li finally gave an exact answer.

So the people sitting around him were all surprised, turned their heads to look at him one by one, then looked back and whispered to the people around him.

Young Master Zhuang is so daring! I actually chose this stall to enter the field of unmanned driving! Was his brain on the wrong side?

really? He must have sat there just to inquire about the situation! Some people think so too.

However, after the hearing began, when Zong Zhengming asked everyone to raise their hands to vote on whether to cancel the sales qualification of driverless cars, Zhuang Li really raised his hand and said, "I don't think so.

" All eyes turned to him.

Zong Zhengming also looked at him intently, and said in a deep voice, "Give me a reason."

"Excuse me, Mr. Zong Zheng, do you know how many people die in car accidents every year in the world?" Zhuang Li asked instead. .

Zong Zhengming looked at the secretary beside him. The secretary wiped the sweat from his forehead and started typing on the computer.

This is asking now.

Zhuang Li didn't give them time to react at all, and said directly: "1.2 million people die in car accidents every year, which is equivalent to the damage caused by 10 Hiroshima-level atomic bombs

. Horrible casualties, every year.

"In our country alone, the number of people killed in car accidents is as high as 100,000 every year. But have government departments around the world considered banning the sale of cars?" .

Zong Zhengming was stopped by the question, and the officials sitting around him all looked at each other, unable to answer.

Zhuang Li asked again, "Mr. Zong Zheng, do you know how much loss is caused by hackers invading the network worldwide?"

Zong Zhengming looked at the secretary next to him again.

The cold sweat on the secretary's forehead began to drip down in large drops. Who would check these data when they have nothing to do?

Zhuang Li still did not give them a chance to copy the answer, and said quickly: "It is 450 billion US dollars, and it is like this every year, and it will even surge to trillions next year, and its destructive power is equivalent to a global natural disaster.

Zhuang Li slowed down and asked again, "But which country wants to ban the sale of computers in the past?" Zhuang

Li stood up from his seat, walked to the center of the conference hall, looked around the audience, spread his hands, and smiled. Asked: "You see, no country has banned the sale of cars, computers. So why should we ban the sale of driverless cars?

" If this technology matures, it will reduce the world by 90% % of car accident fatalities. It has certain flaws, and there is no way to completely avoid car accidents, but as long as it can save more lives, benefit mankind, and change society, it should have the right to survive.

"In the 1970s, the Soviets believed that it was a false proposition that computers should enter every household, so they completely emptied the information age, and were eventually overtaken by the United States and disintegrated.

"Some of us can resist the idea of ​​a technology. Development and application, but if this technology can bring about world change, it is bound to rise rapidly.

"A smart person will accept it with ecstasy, and a stupid person will abandon it with disdain, and finally be abandoned by it, and then by the whole world."

Zhuang Li looked directly at the rostrum and asked: "Mr. Zongzheng, you don't want China to repeat the mistakes of the Soviet Union, right?"

Zong Zhengming looked into these bright pupils, and his mind was dizzy. He never knew that when the little curly hair was arguing and talking, he would exude such extraordinary charm.

He made him unable to look away.

The corporate representatives sitting on the right broke out into warm applause, and some people shouted from the air: "Young Master Zhuang said it well!"

The corporate representatives sitting on the left fell into silence.

Zhuang Han clenched his fists and stared at Zhuang Li, with countless complicated emotions surging in his chest. What Zhuang Li is saying now is exactly what he has always wanted to say to the public.

However, now he is no longer qualified to speak.

Zhuang Li raised his hand and pressed it down, signalling everyone to be quiet, then walked around slowly and asked, "Can anyone tell me what a driverless car is?"

"It's a car, what else could it be?" Sitting on the left A representative on the side said impatiently.

"Wrong," Zhuang Li looked at the rostrum and chuckled: "A driverless car is actually the simplest form of robot, its hands and feet are four wheels, its brain is a cab, and it cannot see people. It is a form of robot, but it is indeed a kind of robot.

"I remember this time last year, the state issued a red-headed document to 'vigorously promote the research and development and production of robots'. In this way, if Mr. Zong Zheng vetoed the right to sell driverless cars, is he acting against the country? "

Zong Zhengming: "..." In front of so many people, he actually stretched out his hand to cover half of his face, showing an embarrassed posture.

This is extremely rare for him who has always shown a cold image.

Does this indicate that Zhuang Li's words have had enough influence to shake his mind?

The business representatives sitting in the audience held their breaths and stared at the two facing each other.

However, on the contrary, Zong Zhengming did not Embarrassed, let alone frustrated, he just didn't want the corners of his mouth to be seen by everyone.

When questioned by the little curly hair pointing to his nose, his subconscious response was love, doting, and wanting to laugh, rather than the anger, disgust, and rejection assumed by others.

He loves the dazzling appearance of the little curly hair controlling the audience.

Zhuang Li didn't care about Zong Zhengming's reaction, and continued: "In this red-headed document, the blueprint of the national plan is as follows: In the future, a large number of service robots will emerge in all aspects of our lives.

"They will They will go to war for us against foreign enemies; they will shop, cook, clean for us; they will accompany our children and the elderly; in the event of major disasters, such as earthquakes, floods, fires, nuclear leaks, etc., they will appear in the most Dangerous place, save human life.

"However, please think about it with your brain and think about it carefully."

Zhuang Li stretched out his slender fingertips and tapped his temple, his eyes swept across the audience, and finally settled on Zong Zhengming: " Where did the research and development of these robots start?"

Zong Zhengming put down his hands covering his face and shook his head blankly. He doesn't understand technology.

The officials sitting next to him also knew nothing about it.

A loud shout came from the auditorium on the right: "The research and development of high-function robots is actually a driverless car!"

Zhuang Li's fingertips quickly locked the man and affirmed: "Yes, you are right. The starting point for the development of high-performance robots is driverless cars. The relationship between them is the leap from single-celled organisms to multi-cellular organisms, and it is a process of evolution.

"If we even develop robots that run on four wheels No, how do we get them to stand up and walk on their slender limbs? Only lower animals can crawl on the ground, while humans can traverse the world with their legs.

"Have you seen the evolutionary direction? Can you understand the intergenerational development of robots?" Zhuang Li slowly turned his body and looked around at everyone in the field.

In the end, he faced Zong Zhengming and said solemnly: "Our rejection of driverless car technology seems to be to ensure the safety of consumers, but in fact we are cutting the road from low-end to high-end robotics technology, which is incompatible with Our country's development strategy is seriously contradictory. So I want to ask Mr. Zong Zhengming to take his life back."

He bowed gracefully, walked back to his seat slowly, and said, "My speech is over, thank you for your patience."

The audience on the right suddenly burst into thunderous applause.

Zhuang Gongzi said everything they wanted to say but didn't dare to say! Well, this is the concept that a real scientific researcher should have!

If we don't start from the bottom-level research and development, where will the cutting-edge technology come from? These fat-headed government officials only know how to make decisions by patting their foreheads, and never consider the development of the real world and the logical connections hidden in everything!

Zong Zhengming, who was full of fat and guts: "..."

Although he was pointed at his nose by the little curly hair, he was really happy, and the pride surging in his chest was almost overflowing.

However, the procedure to go still has to go, so Zong Zhengming raised his hand and asked the most crucial question: "If the driverless car you developed killed someone, what would you do? How would you divide the responsibility for the accident? Who should bear the legal consequences?"

Faced with this question, the auditorium on the right, which had been applauded just now, fell silent, while the corporate representatives sitting on the left all snickered with their lips hooked.

In fact, the imperfection of the law is the real key to hinder the development of driverless technology. If the country cannot formulate relatively complete legal provisions in a short period of time, the government will inevitably delay the promotion of this technology.

After all, the primary function of the government is to protect the lives and safety of the people, which no one can override.

As long as the government delays long enough, traditional automakers will still have time to adjust their industrial layout.

The formulation and issuance of a new law will take at least several years.

In the past few years, those cutting-edge car companies on the opposite side have to die, and their capital flow cannot afford them.

The person sitting on the left is noticeably relaxed.

The people sitting on the right all looked at Zhuang Gongzi. Unconsciously, this fledgling young man has become their leader.

Zhuang Li chuckled and said slowly: "If the government allows, in the future, every smart car produced by Huarui will apply for the status of a natural person in the government department and carry out activities in the society in the name of Huarui employees. We Huarui will set up a special fund for them, and if they cause an accident and are identified by the traffic police and the responsibility lies with them, Huarui will pay all the compensation."

As soon as these words came out, there was another horrified uproar in the venue.

The layman only sees Zhuang Lihao's huge sum of money, but the layman is deeply attracted by his proposal.

Registering each robot as a natural person, R&D companies, insurance companies and the government share the responsibility for supervision. This is the key to formulating the new bill. All problems can be solved at this moment!

In fact, what troubles Zong Zhengming has always been the issue of formulating special bills, not the issue of whether to cancel the sale right.

He never wanted to stop the development of this technology in the past, he just wanted to tie a rein to the technology in order to minimize the social harm it could cause.

Now that Curly Hair has found the rein and passed it into his hand, why didn't he take it?

Zong Zhengming looked at the officials on the left and right.

These people are nodding and smiling, or frowning and thinking, but they have not yet reached an agreement.

Zhuang Li said at this time: "Have you ever thought that when this technology is fully mature and the fatality rate of traffic accidents is minimized, one day in the future, all cars running on the street will be driven by robots.

" At that time, you will no longer be discussing whether it is legal for a robot to drive a car, but whether it is legal for a human to regain control of the steering wheel.

"You see, the development of the world is like this. It will subvert all your current cognition and promote a brand new future.

"Just as the popularity of steam engines, electric lights, telephones, and computers made it difficult for ancient people to imagine our current life, human beings have not yet realized it. By the time the change has taken place, the world has already made arrangements. No one can stop the arrival of a new era. Zhuang Li stared at the audience, pursed his lips and smiled.

His speech made everyone's eyes focused on the void, penetrated the clouds and mist, and saw a brand new era that was completely incomprehensible to people today.

At this moment , while they are still discussing the legality of robot-driven cars, future humans may be discussing a diametrically opposite issue. Is this scene ridiculous? Is it ridiculous?

But everyone vaguely realizes that no matter how ridiculous the scene is It will also become a reality one day in the future.

This is the power of technology!

The representatives of the companies in the auditorium on the right were boiling, excited, and stood up to applaud Mr. Zhuang.

Even some representatives in the auditorium on the left were stunned. Convinced by the future outlined by Zhuang Li, he kept nodding his head.

Zhuang Han, who was hiding in the crowd, almost crushed his fist. He looked at Zong Zhengming, who also stood up, smiled softly and applauded, and already realized that Zhuang Li Having won this hearing, he also won the respect and recognition of the entire industry.

When he was afraid to give up driverless technology, Zhuang Li abruptly blazed a trail for the development of driverless technology.

Lost! Completely lost! Zhuang Han hurriedly lowered his head to hide his extremely embarrassed and unwilling face.