CHAPTER 9

When Mu Tian Heng stepped into the ward and saw the teenager sitting up, his heart felt a jolt for a moment and skipped a beat.

The boy on the bed had blue and purple bruises on his face but his eyes were like an ink painting covered with stars. He looked at him with all his heart and soul, with expectations, gratitude, and an indescribable emotion. It was like admiration but there was also something else.

Mu Tian Heng had a slight pause in his steps. He had to cast out a certain budding thought in his head. It seemed he had been influenced by Lai De Si. He could not believe that he had given birth to such ridiculous and savage thoughts. 

“How are you feeling?”

Mu Tian Heng walked over and stopped by Mo Di’s bed, “Does your head still hurt? Is there anywhere that’s particularly uncomfortable?”

“My head doesn’t hurt anymore. Only my face, left arm and right leg still hurt a little. Thank you brother.”

Lai De Si who happened to hear this immediately shouted: “Who’re you calling brother, little fellow? He’s eleven years older than you. Calling him uncle is more like it!”

“But brother doesn’t look like an uncle. He’s very young, very…” Mo Di lowered his head stiffly. “Very handsome. The most handsome person I have ever met.”

Lai De Si at once was jealous with grief. He was now eighty percent certain that this kid had fallen for his perverted best friend!

Shit! Such a heartache. Why were there so many beautiful women and handsome men falling for Mu Tian Heng! Yet no one would even spare him a glance!

Mu Tian Heng was in a complicated mood. If it weren’t for Lai De Si’s foolish babble from before, he would have accepted the praise without any misgiving, and might even have rubbed the child’s head, but now…

Sigh….

However, he would not because of that and assume that the child actually liked him.

“I’m already twenty eight. I’m indeed older than you quite a bit but you can call me uncle or brother. Whichever is fine.” Mu Tian Heng pulled a chair over and sat down. He smiled and said: “You need to have a good rest and listen to the doctor. I heard from your principal that you’re a senior?”

“Yes.” Mo Di nodded.

“Are you about to take the college entrance exam? Is it on the 7th and 8th of June?”

“Yes, there are only twenty days left till the exams.” Mo Di frowned and said anxiously, “I hope I can get better soon so as to not affect my performance.”

“You’ll be fine. I wish you success in your exams in advance.”

“Thank you brother. Can… can I…” Mo Di cast a careful and expectant look at Mu Tian Heng and held his breath nervously: “Can I have brother’s contact information? When I’m better, I would like to invite you for dinner.”

F***!!!!

Lai De Si just wanted to *fly to the sky and spin 720 degrees and then stab himself with a big fork. He was very envious. This beautiful boy named Mo Di had definitely fallen for his beast of a friend! *TN: sounds weird but that’s really what the author wrote

Mu Tian Heng paused for a bit then said: “You don’t have to treat me to dinner. I’m just glad that you’re ok. As for anything else…” Seeing the child’s originally bright and expectant eyes turned dim, Mu Tian Heng could not bear to finish his sentence.

Ai…well, anyway, his phone number in Hua Xia had already been in use for several months now.

“How about this, tell me your number and I’ll send you a message later?”