CHAPTER 29

Due to the organizers’ sincere acknowledgment of its oversight and was reasonable in its explanation and ‘punishing the scapegoat,’ public opinion was gradually diminished.

The next evening, the official rules and regulations for the Hua Xia Innovative Game Competition were released along with the list of tentative rewards.

The reason the rewards were more lucrative was that the amount of public interest in the competition had increased tenfold thanks to the previous travesty. There was also an increase in the number of sponsors and the golden masters and daddies’ interest was also spiked.

The original prizes of five to ten million were now eight to twenty million, not to mention the influx of investors.

Mo Di went back to his hardworking days, coding and programming.

In the blink of an eye, half a month passed. Mo Di finally completed the majority of the coding and division of his storyboard. With some fine-tuning, the game could start its test run.

Currently, there were only five days left to sign up for the competition. Mo Di was not in a hurry as there would be an allowance of fifteen days before the audition round. That said, he only had twelve days to finalize the work because after which, Jing Da’s school term was going to start.

Pang Qiang Lang and Han Chao, whose work was only to draw, were finally liberated. After a ten hours long sleep, both of them were fully energized. They wanted to visit Mo Di and watch his game-making process, and at the same time, to be the first testers for the game. Because after learning of the game’s overall gameplay and settings, their eagerness was at its peak.

Although the game bore resemblance to the ‘Immortal World’ online game, there was an extra unique function called “were your wishes granted today?”

It was a special ability that the player would get when their character reached level twenty. There are different rankings to this ability and to rank up, the currency needed was ‘liver’ or ‘krypton’. And these two items, compared with the current large-scale online games in the market, were much more accessible.

This ability allowed players to use every NPCs (including the ones in dungeons) in the game world. The lowest level of the skill can be used three times a day and the success rate was thirty-five percent. By using this skill, the player can obtain information by reading the NPCs’ inner voices, opening new quests and secrets. Furthermore, by doing this, players were also able to obtain items including but not limited to weapons, weapons materials, potions, secret maps, armor, magic, pets, etc. The rarity and success rate was proportional to the level of the skill. Infinite possibilities and interesting features were possible depending on which character the skill was used on, the players’ affinity, and the level of the skill. 

In other words, the gameplay not only involved doing the typical dungeon exploration, boss fighting, looting, etc with other players, there was also an incentive for players to familiarize themselves with the NPCs and be immersed in the gameverse. 

This not only attracted players who liked treasure hunting but also those with a more relaxed playstyle and just wanted to unfold a certain storyline.

The skill may seem commonplace but it was a very interesting and unique function. This, however, was just the icing on the cake because Mo Di had also optimized other aspects of the game such as quests, upgrades, infrastructure, etc. All in all, the game was both conventional yet innovative.

From this, it can be seen how much work was put into the game. Not only were the concepts had to be well thought out but the vast amounts of programs to be written. Even with Mo Di’s talent, the effort he invested in this was undeniably admirable.