CHAPTER 41

Chapter 41

Mo Di went to report the case at the police station. Coincidentally, he met with the policewoman who was also part of the team in charge of taking in Mo Shi Hong during the time he broke off with the Mo family.

The policewoman’s name was Yu Fang Yu. She was kind and responsible. She and several of her colleagues took Mo Di and his schoolmates’ statements with care. And because the interviews were done separately, Mo Di gave Yu Fang Yu the surveillance camera as evidence.

“Miss, this was something I accidentally recorded, can it be used as evidence?”

“Yes. With this recording, in addition to the bottle of shampoo and the witnesses, we can make a case quickly.”

The video would prove to be very useful. Yu Fang Yu did not question whether it was truly an accident that Mo Di was able to get the footage. People who had such family members and been through these experiences, she felt that it was justifiable to be hypervigilant. On the contrary, those who did not take caution after experiencing trauma would be the baffling ones.

After giving the police his statement, the first thing Mo Di did was to call Mu Tian Heng and report everything to him. After all, it was not right of him to hide such a big matter from him. 

Mu Tian Heng was furious after he got the news. He was enraged at Zhao Chun Cheng for being so vicious and at Mo Di for knowing that something was fishy with Zhao Chun Cheng but still decided to test him. He was also hurt that Mo Di did not consult with him about his suspicions. 

“You knew how to buy the camera but you don’t know how to tell me about this in advance? Little one, have you ever thought that he might get impulsive and decides to attack you head-on, then what will you do?”

“Brother, I’ll be fine. I was always cautious around him. But… but I know I’m wrong. Brother, I’m sorry. I won’t be like this next time.” Mo Di’s voice was soft and timid, and his attitude in apologizing was good and sincere, “I’m really sorry. Brother, please don’t be mad anymore.”

Dealing with an apologetic and obedient Mo Di, it did not take long for Mu Tian Heng’s anger to be doused. Other being comforted, there was really nothing else he could say.

“You really know your mistake?”

“I know. I really do.” Mo Di responded with a series of repeated nodding, like a chicken pecking at rice. He had a good attitude in admitting his mistake even though Mu Tian Heng was not able to see it.

“Do you dare to do this the next time?”

“I dare not. I dare not.” Mo Di promised compliantly.

“In the future, if you found out something like this, you have to inform me, got it?”

“I get it. I will.”

Mu Tian Heng was mildly satisfied. But he was not completely worry-free. He said calmly: “I will ask Commissioner Wang to supervise this case and get a verdict asap. You stick with your roommates and classmates for the next few days and don’t go anywhere alone. Also, if you find out anything else, you can tell me or send me whatever that you’ve found. Get it?”

Mo Di agreed but thought to himself that he really did find out something else. It’s just that now was not a good time to reveal it yet.

Advertisements

After Mo Di and the others left the police station, the officers went directly to the school to apprehend Zhao Chun Cheng.

Mo Di was not in a hurry to return to school and witness Zhao Chun Cheng’s downfall. He wanted to invite everyone to dinner but they obviously did not have Mo Di’s honed mental capabilities to stomach the situation. They only wanted to go back and have a rest.