CHAPTER 14

“Are you sick?”

Looking at the steaming Gu Ran Ju, Mo Di felt that the situation was baffling, and also quite laughable. The difference between Gu Ran Ju’s current self, and the one from his previous life who worshipped Mo Liu Gui as his angel and like an ancestor, were worlds apart. 

But he was glad to see this. If things continued down this path, either Gu Ran Ju would squirm in regret or Mo Liu Gui would lose one of her helpers. In any case, it deserved to be applauded.

“Stop saying crap!” Gu Ran Ju’s anger intensified when he heard the youth insulting him. His knuckles were clenched into a fist and he rushed at Mo Di, “I’ll hit till you call me grandpa!” 

Mo Di stepped aside and in the next moment, grabbed Gu Ran Ju’s fist and forcefully twisted his wrist two hundred and seventy degrees.

“AH!” Gu Ran Ju wailed in pain but did not back down. He bit his teeth and threw a heavy punch at Mo Di’s eyes.

Gu Ran Ju’s ruthless move made Mo Di’s eyes change slightly. The impatience and anger burst from within and he stopped holding back. His head turned sideways as he yanked Gu Ran Ju’s fist and then hit his knee against his chest.

“AHHH!!” Gu Ran Ju’s breathing was sluggish with pain and his teeth were cold. But before he could press down the pain and counter, he received a blow to the back of his neck. His brain turned dizzy and he fell to the ground.

“Who’s calling who grandpa?!” Mo Di kicked at Gu Ran Ju’s knee, stepped on his back and kneeled. He smiled and said: “Tell me, who’s calling who grandpa?”

“You…!” This was the first time Gu Ran Ju lost this badly in a solo fight. The last time he was beaten was in the alley where he had almost fainted. But he was ambushed in that fight and it was six against one. Never would he have expected that he would shamefully lose to a goody-two-shoes!

“Still want to hit me in the eye?” Mo Di grabbed Gu Ran Ju’s wrist, smiled lightly, and added some force.

“AhHH” Gu Ran Ju cried out again.

“Xiao Di!” 

When the two stopped fighting, Mo Liu Gui quickly ran over to their side and bent down: “Xiao Di…did you break his wrist?!”

Mo Di turned to look at Mo Liu Gui’s worried and disapproving face. He smiled and said: “Sister, you’re worried about him?”

“He’s just a child. Maybe a junior high student. How could you hurt him this badly…” Mo Liu Gui kept her worried look and glanced at Mo Di, “I’m not worried about him, I’m worried about you. What if his parents file a complaint with the school? If this gets in your record, it’ll be troublesome.” 

“That’s my sister. You think of everything.” Mo Di nodded without any expression. “I didn’t even think of going to his school and file a complaint against him.”

“?!” Mo Liu Gui was quite shocked: “No, that was not what I meant…”

“Then sis, what did you mean?”

“I mean…” Mo Liu Gui realized for the first time that this brother of hers had such black and bright eyes when staring at people. She was a little frightened by those eyes. Her throat moved unconsciously: “What I’m trying to say is that you two should apologize to each other and patch up. Fighting back and forth is not good.”

“Indeed, sister is right, but…” Mo Di raised Gu Ran Ju’s weakened wrist and said: “I didn’t break his wrist, I only dislodged it. And from the beginning, he’s the one who provoked me. I couldn’t stand it anymore and fought back.”