CHAPTER 98

Chapter 98

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

The announcement was made several times but no one came to return Mo Di’s phone. 

When Mu Tian Heng tried calling it, there was a ring at first but then the call was rejected, and eventually, the phone was turned off.

Mo Di was now certain that whether his phone was taken by mistake or on purpose, the chances of him getting it back was very small.

He was too anxious to relax and his heart was sinking fast.

Knowing that the person who took Mo Di’s phone was refusing to return it to them, Mu Tian Heng was furious but seeing Mo Di’s disheartened look, he gently reached out and touched his cheek, then softly coaxed him, “Don’t be upset. That person probably didn’t hear the ring or maybe the phone is out of battery. Let’s try again tomorrow. Since there’s nothing important on it, you don’t have to worry too much. Let’s go to the mall before it closes and buy a new one.”

Mo Di looked at Mu Tian Heng. The bright lights of the park began to blur behind him.

Mo Di’s eyes became hot. He suddenly lunged into Mu Tian Heng’s chest and buried his head inside.

“Brother, brother… will you always be good to me like this?”

“Did losing your phone turn you silly?” Mu Tian Heng smiled. He hugged Mo Di and gently rubbed his head, “Of course I will keep being good to you and it’ll never change. Why do you ask such a question?” 

“Really?” Mo Di’s eyes were slightly red. He regretted writing that memo and hated himself even more for not deleting that stupid note after falling for Mu Tian Heng.

He had completely forgotten about its existence.

“Of course.” Mu Tian Heng looked into Mo Di’s eyes, “Don’t you believe me?”

“It’s not that I don’t believe you, but… I’m just scared. You treat me too well. No one has been this kind to me before, you’re the only one. You’re also the most important person to me. I fear that one day you won’t like me anymore.” Mo Di sniffed and his voice was shaking, “I’m scared…”

“Brother, why don’t you stop being this good to me? So when the time comes and you stopped liking me, I would still be able to take it.” Mo Di kept his head down and spurted words he did not fully understand himself.

Mu Tian Heng was not sure whether to laugh or feel distressed over Mo Di’s sudden sense of insecurity. 

“Silly.” Mu Tian Heng gave Mo Di’s forehead a pat, “What kind of request is this? Who would ask someone else to treat themselves badly?”

“Ah.” Mo Di was quite stunned by the hit. He looked up with moist eyes and covered his forehead innocently, “It hurts…”

“So you do feel pain. I thought you were sleeping and seeing some weird dream,” Mu Tian Heng said as he pulled Mo Di’s hand away from his forehead and rubbed it for him.

“Does it still hurt?”

“…Yes.” Mo Di gave Mu Tian Heng a grievous look. He was not feeling any pain but he just wanted to be pampered by Mu Tian Heng and make this moment last a little longer.

“Then don’t say such things again,” Mu Tian Heng said so but he regretted it deeply. He never wanted Mo Di to have to experience any pain but he had accidentally used too much strength just now. 

Mu Tian Heng leaned over and kissed the pinkish dot on Mo Di’s forehead.

Mo Di opened his eyes slowly. He could clearly hear the next thing that Mu Tian Heng said to him.