CHAPTER 17

The score was a little higher than he had expected. Mo Di’s mood was lifted for a while until his thoughts floated back to the Mo family. The smile on his face faded.

Like eleven years ago, Mo Liu Gui will probably get upset and cry again. And the Mo family, are they going to have a heartache to the point of exploding?

And wouldn’t they love to snatch him back to give him a good ‘educating’?

That’s too bad because this time, there will not be a fool who thought his brothers finally took a liking to him when they wanted to see him, who had used up all his savings to buy them toys, who waited behind the back garden thinking his brothers were going to take him to play but what they gave him were merciless beatings and scoldings.

There will also not be a kid who was beaten till his right leg was almost disabled and had to be saved by his sister’s ‘kindness’.

Such…a pity.

Mo Di had a sneer on his lips. He walked to the desk and took out his books. Instead of wasting his time thinking about the Mo family, he might as well spend it on studying.

Indeed, Mo Di was right. Shortly after the results were released, Mo Liu Gui lowered her head on the table after seeing the result. When the other students asked her many times with concern, she only raised her head and showed a delicate smile.

Zhu Wen Ze was on his way to the men’s when he saw this scene. His heart ached to the extreme, but he had to keep it in. This was because his parents had forbidden him from interacting with Mo Liu Gui before the college entrance exams or they would not help him get into x university through unofficial channels. 

But there was no way he could stand by and do nothing while his goddess was depressed. So the first thing he did was to call her brother, Mo Wu Hang, to let him console her.

In less than an hour, every member of the Mo family had already gotten the news.

The Mo patriarch was so upset that he wanted to go to school immediately to see his baby granddaughter. When Mo Shi Hong knew that Mo Di’s score exceeded Mo Liu Gui’s, he smashed the china set in anger. 

“That bastard!!!”

“Third brother, don’t be too agitated.” The eldest aunt standing nearby tried to soothe him. “Xiao Gui has high demand for herself. Her ranking dropped, she will inevitably feel sad. But you just returned from the hospital, don’t let this affect your health, or else Xiao Gui will be more upset. That child is so filial. If she sees that you’re unwell, she’ll blame herself.”

“Uncle, Grandpa, I’ll pick Xiao Gui up at noon and comfort her.” Mo Wu Hang said, then gnashed his teeth. “I’ll also bring back that beast Mo Di. He dared to hurt Xiao Gui. I have to skin him alive!”

“When that bastard was born, I said to either give or throw him away. That thing took all the nutrients meant for Xiao Gui, causing her to stay in the incubator. I knew he was a disaster from the first sight! That bastard!” Mo Shi Hong was red with anger. “Today I have to bring back that beast and see if his conscience was fed to the dogs!”

“It’s all my fault…” Ruan Qing Dan had red eyes and was sniffing into a piece of tissue. “I saw that he was so small, so I stopped you. If I hadn’t done that, my Xiao Gui wouldn’t have been wronged by him. It’s all my fault!”

“Sister-in-law, you can’t blame yourself. You’re his mother, of course you’ll be reluctant. Every mother loves their child. It’s just that some children ….sigh, just can’t be taught.” The second aunt at her side held her hand: “You’re not to blame.”