CHAPTER 82

Chapter 82

Editor & Proofreader: KitKat

Mo Di swept the room and said, “I want to bring a team member with me, this should be fine, right?”

“That…”

The staff hesitated, “The investor did not mention anyone else, but … I suppose it’s fine.”

“Alright,” Mo Di said to Lin Jun Feng who just happened to be looking at him, “Can you come with me?”

“Of course! No problem!” Lin Jun Feng stood up and patted his stomach. “You can count on me!”

The staff was somewhat intimidated by Lin Jun Feng’s height and stature. He swallowed his saliva and thought, ‘This guy seems tough.’

Mo Di and Lin Jun Feng followed the staff out of the villa and towards a further part of the base. 

“Isn’t this where we were gathered when we first came?” Mo Di asked.

“Yes, it’s easier to hold a conference here,” The staff explained as he guided them. “And there’s a difference between the conference rooms on different floors. Your meeting is held on the top floor.” 

“I see,” Mo Di responded. 

That was understandable because if it really was a bigshot investor, they would have to give him differential treatment.

On the top floor, the staff led them to a large door at the end of the corridor. He knocked twice before pushing it open. 

“Manager, Captain Mo is here.”

“He’s here? Please come in,” From inside the conference room came a woman’s voice, “Mr. Qin, since Captain Mo is already here, we’ll take our leave. You two can take your time to discuss.”

Mr. Qin?!

Mo Di’s eyelids jumped and he had an adverse feeling.

Advertisements

A middle-aged woman in high-heels came out of the room. She was the manager who was attending to the guest inside. She immediately flashed Mo Di a smile and said, “Captain Mo, go in quickly, Mr. Qin is waiting for you.”

She winked at the staff member who brought them over. “Come, don’t disturb our guest. You can go to make some coffee.”

Mo Di stalled in front of the door for a moment but he eventually stepped in.

Sure enough, the big investor sitting in the room was none other than Hua Xia’s top businessman — Qin Guang Jie, Qin Cheng Yi’s father.

Mo Di was skeptical that Qin Guang Jie came to see him personally just so he could invest in his game. Even if Qin Guang Jie believed that this game would be the next big thing in the gaming industry, he would only need to send a subordinate to negotiate. Mo Di had his own company before and he had dealt with these sly old foxes multiple times. A new and unripe project like his would not be able to get their attention.

So Qin Guang Jie coming to see him just to talk about investing in his game was highly suspicious.

The thoughts ran through Mo Di’s head but there was no change in his expression. He pretended to be surprised and said, “Hello, you are… Chairman of the Qin Group, Qin Guang Jie? Am I right?”

Lin Jun Feng was similarly shocked by the name but having interacted with the superhuman Mu Tian Heng regularly, he managed to keep his cool and steadily followed Mo Di’s lead.

Qin Guang Jie stood up and went to greet them. He laughed and said to Mo Di, “What a promising young man. You’re so successful at such a young age that it puts me to shame. ‘Heroes are cultivated from young’ is most likely referring to you here.”