CHAPTER 21

Mu Tian Heng felt a little sore in his heart looking at Mo Di’s sparkling eyes. He slightly lowered his head and spoke to him: “The busiest time for the first phase of the Hua Xia project is over, I’ll be free the next two days. Little fellow, you said before you’ll take me on an eating tour at the most authentic restaurants of the capital, is that still on?”

“Yes!” Mo Di nodded quickly. His cheeks turned red and the joy and excitement could not be concealed, just like a silly little hamster holding on to his favourite fruit.

Looking at Mo Di’s stance, Mu Tian Heng couldn’t help but smile: “let’s go for a ride this evening. You’ve just finished your exam so let’s go loosen up.”

He was truly glad that when he got to the airport, he changed the decision he made in the morning. The so-called last struggle was actually laughable. They were ridiculous and meaningless.

He clearly had fallen for the kid. And all those times that he repeatedly tried to avoid him, other than making the little thing upset, it did not change anything. He still liked the little guy, and this feelings kept multiplying. Just thinking about the scene after he left Hua Xia, and received a phone call from the kid who would put up a happy front but was in fact, timid and cautious, made his heart ached.

So at that time, Mu Tian Heng thought it wasn’t that bad being an old beast.

But for the time being, he would not disturb the elephant in the room. He would first ascertain that the little guy really liked him rather than a misunderstanding, and then, wait till after his 18th birthday to start developing their relationship.

After all, being an old beast was quite interesting but being an old pervert, not so much.

Lai De Si at the side was completely ignored by the two. He was about to explode.

What the hell is this? When he’s gone, wouldn’t these two just get together?!!!

Lai De Si left anyway. When he left the sky was already dark and lights began filling the city, making it bright and vibrant.

Mu Tian Heng did not send him off but it was not because he did not want to. Between Mu Tian Heng sending him and a big bonus, Lai De Si chose the latter. 

Mo Di did some serious strategizing. He was determined to take Mu Tian Heng to eat authentic local street food and let their footsteps imprint on the streets and alleys and into their memories.

Before going to bed that night, Mo Di saw a message from his headteacher. After some consideration regarding his performance in the exams, he sent the estimated score to the group chat according to his teacher’s request.

Then he shut down his computer.

He did not have to guess what the most malicious students in the school had to say about him. He also did not want to think about their anger or scorn.

This year’s exam was surprisingly difficult, especially mathematics and English. But reporting the estimate of 720, he was already very humble. No matter how difficult those math problems and English questions were, to him, they were simply a walk in the park.

The next day, Mo Di got up early to take Mu Tian Heng to the old alley for breakfast. There were dou hua, jiao quan, tang shao cake, chao gan, you tiao, wan dou huang etc, he would order one of each.

TN: These are the dishes Mo Di was going to treat Mu Tian Heng in the same order.

When they drove out to the gate, the villa entrance was suddenly blocked by another car.