CHAPTER 81

Chapter 81

Editor & Proofreader: KitKat

That night, Ye Guosheng was taken away and the Ye Patriarch was invited to have tea at the police station.

Everyone in the system knew that the Ye family was done for.

Madame Ye cried till she fainted and had to be hospitalized.

Ye Guosheng’s sister was all over the place trying to transfer properties and reaching out to anyone who would help them.

As for Ye Cheng Feng…

There was no one left in the family to take care of him.

His aunt had hired a caretaker to look after him. Unfortunately, she was a noisy sleeper and Ye Cheng Feng was woken up at dawn.

Advertisements

As soon as he left his ward, he could hear the enthusiastic chatter from everywhere discussing the hot topic ‘Ye Cheng Feng is crippled’ and ‘the whole network shocked by the truth’.

Ye Cheng Feng turned pale.

One should know that the Ye family had been hiding his disability from him as they were worried that he could not accept it, and also on the off-chance that it could be cured. And at the time, Ye Cheng Feng was still woozy under the influence of the drug and allowed his mother to keep all his electronic devices away. 

That was how he had spent his days recuperating without knowing anything.

As soon as he was hit with the ugly truth, his head buzzed with piercing pain. His sight faded for a moment and he had to support himself against the wall. 

He could not accept this at all. For the several days he had stayed here, he had felt a slight discomfort there but he just attributed it to the side effect of the medicine; he never imagined it to be this serious!!!

Ye Cheng Feng could no longer maintain his gentle and elegant demeanor. There was a distorted look on his face and he just wanted to give the nurses gossiping on the stairway a kick. 

How could this happen?!!

He refused to believe it! He refused to believe it!

Ye Cheng Feng forced himself to calm down. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath… He returned to his room and then, as though venting his anger, he slammed his fist violently on the calling bell. 

Almost immediately, a young nurse came running in. There was no unusual expression on her face. She asked, “Are you feeling uncomfortable?”

With all the sudden noises, the caretaker, who was supposed to look after Ye Cheng Feng, woke up as well. She quickly rose and attended to Ye Cheng Feng. “Young master, you’re awake. Please tell me if you need anything. Do you want breakfast? I’ll go buy you something to eat.”

Ye Cheng Feng could not care for anything else. He even had the urge to strangle her. To keep her from being a sore sight, he nodded and said, “Go! And buy me several different kinds.”

“Yes, I’ll go now,” The caretaker answered with a smile. “Is there anything else you want to eat?”

“Whatever. Make sure to buy more varieties,” Ye Cheng Feng closed his eyes. He just wanted her to leave.

When she finally left the room, Ye Cheng Feng said to the nurse, “I can’t find my phone and my family is not here. Can you lend me your phone so I can give them a call?”

He knew that it was useless for him to ask for his medical chart because once his father gave the order, the doctors would not dare to disobey.

This was what he hated about the Ye family.