CHAPTER 115

Chapter 115

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

Sister Meng cut the rope on Mo Di’s hands and removed the tape over his mouth.

“Are you ok?”

“Thank you, I’m fine. In there… cough! There’s someone inside.”

Just as Mo Di finished his sentence, the storeroom keeper was seen charging out of the room chasing after him. Seeing the police, he turned towards the back door and tried to escape. Several officers chased after him and easily caught up. They took him down and pressed him on the ground. 

“Keep still!” A policeman handcuffed the man’s skinny wrists.

“There’s blood!”

A policewoman saw the large bloodstain on the storeroom keeper and looked at Mo Di worriedly, “Where did he hurt you? Do you need an ambulance?”

“It’s ok, that’s not my blood,” Mo Di rubbed his wrist and looked towards the storeroom, “It’s his accomplice’s blood. When they tried to kill me, there was an accident. The person fell onto the knife and died on the spot.”

Sister Meng frowned. She was not expecting any dead bodies. She took out a pair of gloves from her pocket and put them on.

“Xiao Meng, grab some evidence bags and come with me.”

“Yes ma’am!” The policewoman answered and immediately ran out.

Advertisements

Mo Di followed Sister Meng into the storeroom. Pretending to search for something, he swiftly picked up the mini pen without being noticed and put it in his pocket.

Sister Meng carefully studied the body on the ground. When she looked up and saw that Mo Di was still there, she said to him, “You should go out first. Tell me what you’ve lost and I’ll find it for you. If it’s evidence, we’ll have to keep it for some time.”

“Ok. Anything I can help you with?” Mo Di’s eyes were full of hate looking at the bloodied corpse. There was also a slight trace of fear lingering which was completely in line with someone who had just been kidnapped and attacked.

“For now we just need to take your statement,” Sister Meng wanted to give Mo Di a pat on the shoulder but seeing how her glove was stained with blood, she took back her hand. “These people will be severely punished by the law. I’ll personally work on the case, you can rest assured.”

Come to think of it, this child had led quite a miserable life. He had been the victim of several cases that she had handled.

“Thank you, officer Meng, I have absolute trust in you.” 

Just as Mo Di finished talking, the sound of eager footsteps could be heard coming from outside the door.

Mo Di thought it was the policewoman coming in with the evidence bags so he went out to not disturb their work. The moment he exited the door, he was wrapped in a strong and powerful embrace. 

Mo Di struggled reflexively at first but when he smelled the familiar wood-like fragrance, he held the person’s waist with all his might.

Feeling the warmth and safety within those arms, Mo Di finally felt the passing of a disaster. His eyes became red, “Brother!”

“It’s ok, you’re safe. As long as you’re safe.”

Mu Tian Heng’s voice was filled with anger and fear. He strengthened his embrace and pressed Mo Di against his body, “Listen to me, let’s suspend school for the time being. Take a break from it. Stop going to school.”