CHAPTER 79

Chapter 79

Editor & proofreader: KitKat

Bai Wenwen was handcuffed and mercilessly dragged to the police car. She couldn’t help but feel distressed and shouted out a few words in her defense.

The policemen immediately shut her up and shoved her into the car but it was too late, many had heard what she said.

There was a lot to digest and everyone was shocked after hearing it.

Ye Cheng Feng attempted rape but was kicked and might become ‘useless’?!!

There was also the piece that Bai Wenwen attacked him because of self-defense or was it as the Ye family said, she intentionally caused harm to Ye Cheng Feng? Regarding this, the public had no definite evidence but one thing they were certain about: Ye Cheng Feng had most likely turned impotent!

Impotent!!!

The men held their breaths and flinched at an imaginary pain somewhere.

The competition committee put up a regulation restricting everyone from spreading this news but there was no airtight wall in this world and gossips were always quick to spread. There were so many who had witnessed what had happened and it wasn’t just the competition’s participants, there were also the cleaning staff and ordinary employees of the villa.

Zhu Chenglang immediately reported everything to the Ye family.

…..

Meanwhile, another one of Ye Guosheng’s confidants, Sun Qinghu, had now arrived at the police station.

For two generations, the Ye family’s heads had been high-ranking officials in the government. Whether it was the court or the police, there would always be people trying to butter up to them. Even if that wasn’t the case, most would not dare to refuse their request.

And so, in the lawsuit against Bai Wenwen, it was not difficult for them to manipulate things in their favor.

From the start, it had already been determined that Bai Wenwen deliberately caused Ye Cheng Feng serious harm and she had no evidence to prove that it was self-defense. The three witnesses had also been intimidated into silence. They would probably state that they did not know or worse, lie that Bai Wenwen attacked Ye Cheng Feng on purpose.

Advertisements

This was how the world operated since ancient times. People with power and wealth could easily trample on those below them. It was best if you didn’t get on their wrong side, but if you did, surviving it would all depend on karma. 

Fortunately for Bai Wenwen, she probably had done good deeds in her previous life because right after she was locked inside the police station…

Mu Tian Heng had already contacted Commissioner Wang.

Nonetheless, Bai Wenwen did not know that someone was helping her from afar. Her fingers trembled and her strength was sinking fast. She only felt fear and anger. She did not understand how the Ye family could do this to her.

The crime they were accusing her of was serious, and if convicted, she would be jailed for a long time and her reputation sullied. She refused to admit to these charges but she couldn’t help herself from feeling hopeless. 

The police presented her with a medical certificate stating the severity of Ye Cheng Feng’s injury. If she wanted to clear her name and claim self-defense, she needed evidence…

But she had none.

She could not prove that Ye Cheng Feng was sexually assaulting her in public and in a panic, she had to kick him away. Her chances of fighting this case were slim unless the three witnesses stood up for her.