CHAPTER 67

Chapter 67

Aware of what Mo Di was thinking, Mu Tian Heng gently held his shoulder and comforted: “Be patient, I’ve sent for an investigation. If Qin Cheng Yi is really involved in this, we’ll know soon enough.”

“It won’t be that easy.”

Mo Di was inconsolable. He ground his teeth and said: “Brother, Qin Cheng Yi owns many underground casinos abroad and each of them is affiliated with a powerful local criminal syndicate. They’re corrupted to the core. It’s unlikely that we’ll be able to find anything.”

“But we did have confirmation that Du Wen Long is in Myanmar.”

Mu Tian Heng continued: “Qin Cheng Yi has three casinos in Myanmar, if we investigate them one by one, I’m sure we’ll dig up something. More importantly, I’ve found out that between Qin Cheng Yi’s two most trusted confidants, one has gone to Laos and the other to Myanmar.”

Mo Di raised his head and looked at Mu Tian Heng.

Mu Tian Heng patted Mo Di’s head, “We’ll monitor those two and from them, I’m sure we’ll be able to get more leads. Believe in me.”

“I do believe you, but…” Mo Di frowned, “What if they took him somewhere other than the casinos? What can we do then? It’s like finding a needle in a haystack.”

“That’s very unlikely. Regardless of how powerful the Qin family is, they are not untouchable in foreign countries. Du Wen Long left the country legally, he was not smuggled out. Therefore, if Qin Cheng Yi wanted to hide him, the best place would be somewhere he has full control over and that’s the casinos he owns. He will not risk keeping him somewhere out of his scope.”

Mu Tian Heng paused for Mo Di to digest before continuing: “More importantly, I’ve found something related to Du Wen Jing. Although nothing on the drugs yet, but it’s the reason I’m eighty percent sure Du Wen Long is tied to the casinos.”

“What is it?!”

“It’s something I accidentally discovered.” Mu Tian Heng paused and said: “Du Wen Jing comes from a strict patriarchal lineage. However, unlike the modern women who rejected the sexist idea of favoring the son and belittling the daughter to the point that they decided to cut ties with their own families, Du Wen Jing completely accepted this mentality. She practically worships Du Wen Long.”

“I made Lai De Si contact her former classmates under the ruse of trying to court her. He asked about her hobbies and interests but all of her classmates said that her only focus in life is to spend money on her brother. How much she loves her brother… probably even more than she loves her parents.”

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

Mu Tian Heng cleared his throat: “I also found out that when she just graduated, her job only paid 6000 a month and yet, she sent 3000 to Du Wen Long. With only 3000 left for expenses like food, rent, and transportation in this costly city, you can imagine how much she is willing to sacrifice for her brother.”

Mo Di was astounded. He had no idea that Du Wen Jing was this crazy about her brother.

When they learned about Du Wen Jing’s family background from Zhao Chun, there was a wave of sympathy for her. As not to hurt her feelings, they would never intentionally mention this in her presence. Furthermore, Du Wen Jing rarely talked about her brother, Du Wen Long, which was why they assumed that her mentality aligned with theirs. Who would have thought that she was doing it on her own volition and even devotedly so.

Mo Di was speechless for a moment.

“Don’t take it to heart.”

Worrying that Mo Di would blame himself because of this oversight, Mu Tian Heng took his hand: “No one could’ve known this.”