CHAPTER 114

Chapter 114

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

Mu Tian Heng closed his laptop with a snap. His face had turned grim right in the middle of a meeting. 

“Mu, what’s wrong with you?” A startled Lai De Si asked in confusion.

The various department chiefs were too scared to even squeak and the head of the finance department who was giving his report was sweating bullets.

“Ch, chairman…”

Mu Tian Heng rushed out of the meeting room and punched in the numbers on his phone at the highest speed.

He had installed a high-grade tracker on Mo Di’s phone. Even if the phone was switched off or soaked in water, the tracker would still function. Moreover, if there was no movement for more than 150 minutes, it would send a signal directly to his cell phone and laptop.

Unusually, the dormancy signals would only appear when Mo Di was in class or during the night. Both of these situations only happened when he was in school, never outside. This had been a very busy time for Mo Di, he would never spend more than two hours out of school or away from the company.

But at present, the tracker was pointing to a remote street near Jing Da. This was definitely alarming.

Mu Tian Heng called Mo Di’s cell. There was a  dial tone but no one picked up!

He continued to dial it several more times but to no avail.

Advertisements

A powerful sense of fear surged from his heart. Mu Tian Heng went on to call Mo Di’s roommate, Xian Yu Chao. 

The phone was picked up after three seconds and Xian Yu Chao’s nervous voice was heard.

“B, Boss! Are you calling to ask if Xiao Di has been staying up late? No, no, no. He’s been good and always sleeps on time.”

“No,” Mu Tian Heng got to the point and asked, “It’s not about that, is Xiao Di with you?”

“Ah?” Xian Yu Chao quickly answered, “No. Didn’t he go to see you? He went out right after class, he’s currently not at school. Hello? Hello?!” Xian Yu Chao frowned when Mu Tian Heng hung up on him. What’s up with the boss today?

“Postpone the meeting.”

Mu Tian Heng ordered Assistant Gao who had followed him out of the conference room and signaled to Lai De Si, “We’re going to Jing Da.”

Lai De Si had to jog to keep up with Mu Tian Heng. There were so many questions in his head. “What? Jing Da?! Mu, what’s wrong? Did something happen?”

“I suspect that something has happened to Mo Di.” Mu Tian Heng was getting more distressed by the minute. His complexion was turning pale.

“What? Something happened to Xiao Di?” Lai De Si almost tripped after hearing it.

Mu Tian Heng suppressed the panic in his heart. He increased his pace while making another phone call, “Hello Commissioner Wang. I have an emergency that I really need your help with…”

“…”

After talking with Commissioner Wang, Mu Tian Heng contacted the vice-principal of Jing Da as he made his way to the university at the fastest speed.

The vice-principal personally went to greet Mu Tian Heng at the gate. Seeing his car coming in, he rushed forward to welcome them in a cold sweat. Mentally, he was wondering if Mu Tian Heng was just being paranoid. They have only lost contact with him for three hours, why did he keep insisting that something was wrong?