CHAPTER 121

Chapter 121

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

A hundred and eighty million…

(TN: Haha I finally bothered to check these numbers, it’s about 27.65 million USD)

Even if the Mo family sold off all their organs, they could not come up with even one-tenth of this amount.

The owner of this luxurious gambling cruise ship was most unlikely someone with a kind heart. They would not bat an eye seeing them being fed to the fishes.

The Mo family members panicked as their faces turned paperwhite. They shivered uncontrollably. The three Mo ladies cried till their tears smeared the mascara, looking quite horrifying.

Mo Er Qian tried his best to stabilize his voice and talk some logic into the guards but they all treated him like air.

Not long after, the tiny storeroom door creaked open. A middle-aged man wearing a traditional Tang suit walked in with a smile on his face.

The muscular bodyguards immediately greeted him as Steward Zhao.

“You’ve worked hard,” Steward Zhao nodded then sat down on a stool that one of the guards had brought over. He fidgeted with the two walnuts in his hand.

“These are the people who owe 180 million in gambling debts?”

“This is a scam! You all set us up!”

Before the bodyguard could reply, Mo Wu Hang cried out, “You’re breaking the law! This is a criminal offense! This is against the law!” His eyes were raging but his voice was shaking.

Advertisements

“The law?”

Steward Zhao laughed heartily, “It’s a common principle to pay your debts, where’s the crime in that? Moreover, this is the high seas, I’d like to know which country’s laws we’re breaking?”

“Shut up,” Mo Er Qian cast Mo Wu Hang a glare then turned to Steward Zhao and said, “Mr. Zhao, I think there has been a misunderstanding.”

“A misunderstanding?”

“Yes. we’ve been set up. We don’t actually owe 180 million in gambling debt. I hope you can investigate this matter thoroughly. Your people may have colluded with someone from the outside. Considering that those who come here are all prestigious, if this were to spread, you might lose all your patronage. This will gravely affect your business, wouldn’t it?”

“A set up?” Steward Zhao raised his brows and laughed, “You’re a very eloquent person, and also quite skillful at stirring up dissension. Pity… It’s not persuasive enough. I’ve seen too many who tried all sorts of ways to revoke their debts. If you don’t pay 180 million today, I’m afraid I can’t let you leave this ship.”

“What are you going to do?!”

The second aunt remembered some of the films she had seen, causing her to scream in fright, “This is against the law! Against the law!”

“Tut… It seems you have no intention of paying this debt,” Steward Zhao smiled and signaled to the two bodyguards, “One finger is ten thousand. There are eight people here, let’s just collect eight hundred thousand in interest first.”

“Yes.” Two bodyguards immediately took a cleaver and went to Mo Shi Hong. One picked him up by the collar and the other grabbed his hand.

Mo Shi Hong was shaking like a chicken when he was pulled from the ground. He struggled and screamed, “This is a crime! You’re committing a crime!”