CHAPTER 111

Chapter 111

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

The Mos were right, the person who had been gathering up all their shares was Mu Tian Heng.

To get these shareholders to agree to his terms, Mu Tian Heng had put out a small portion of his company shares as a trade. Needless to say, none were hesitant to give up their shares of the Mo Group.

In addition to the smaller shares in circulation that Mu Tian Heng had been accumulating, he now had forty percent of the Mo Group shares. Furthermore, now that their stock had plummeted, acquiring the rest was just a matter of time.

Even if the Mo family wanted to buy the remaining shares, it was an impossible task for them. How could they compete with Mu Tian Heng? Not to mention, their assets were currently frozen.

And so, the Mo Group …

Was practically in Mu Tian Heng’s pocket.

Advertisements

His life after Mo Di’s death was something Mu Tian Heng did not see in his dream about their past life. He only saw his little one tortured till he became a fool and in the end, turned to ashes and placed in a dark urn while the Mo and Qin family lived on with nobility and prosperity…

But this life, he’ll definitely let them have a taste of hell.

News of the Mo family’s ordeal quickly reached Qin Cheng Yi. He was both furious and anxious for Mo Liu Gui. Thinking that she was probably in a panic right now, he wanted to get out of prison to see her but even with the Qin family’s power, he would still have to be detained for another two weeks.

He tossed and turned restlessly in his one-person room until he finally decided to contact his unworthy father and have him give the Mo family a hand.

Qin Guang Jie did not want to meddle in this matter but seeing how Qin Cheng Yi had lowered himself and respectfully requested for his help, Qin Guang Jie agreed. Little did he know that when Qin Cheng Yi was writing this letter, he was filled with resentment and unwillingness. 

However, even if Qin Guang Jie had decided to help, he was not fully updated with the inside situation of the Mo Group. Neither he nor Qin Cheng Yi knew that the major shareholders of the Mo Group had already sold off their shares.

And so, after Qin Guang Jie expended his resources to help the Mo Group mend their public image and appease the major clients who were threatening to terminate their contracts, only then did he hear rumors that the Mo family was no longer the major shareholder of the Mo Group. 

Qin Guang Jie almost coughed up blood. What the hell is this, did he just help someone else make their wedding clothes?!! 

(TN: 为别人做嫁衣 means doing something that benefits others but not yourself)

Qin Guang Jie immediately sent someone to investigate but in fact, he didn’t have to do so. Because three days later, news broke out within the business circle that the major shareholder of the Mo Group had been changed.

Mo Yi Cheng, Mo Shi Guo, and Mo Shi Guang were charged with bribery and tax evasion, causing a large portion of the Mo family’s property to be frozen and confiscated. On top of that, they also had to pay a fine which was a hefty sum. The Mo family which was now could not even be considered a third-class family did not have much money left. They could not afford to pay the fine.

If they failed to pay, then Mo Yi Cheng, Mo Shi Guo, and Mo Shi Guang would receive a more severe sentence. With both her son and husband detained, the eldest aunt discarded her elegant demeanor and threatened the rest of the Mo family. She warned them if they would rather protect the Mo Group shares than try to save her husband and son, she would make them pay dearly!