CHAPTER 36

Mo Di couldn’t believe what he just heard. How can someone name a puppy garlic?!

But seeing Mu Tian Heng’s satisfied manner, Mo Di did not have the heart to reject him.

The name is quite… flavorful.

“What do you think, little one?” Mu Tian Heng was filled with amusement all the while paying close attention to the little guys’ expression.

“Haha…. That’s pretty good.” Mo Di let out a forced laugh and looked at the ‘garlic’ in his arms.

The ‘garlic’ was staring at him with its innocent and moist black eyes.

Mo Di: “…” No, he had to fight for the cute little ‘garlic’!

Mo Di raised his head and smiled at Mu Tian Heng: “Brother, that’s a good name but garlic is such a common ingredient that’s being eaten every day. Our Suan Suan is innocent.”

“Um, that makes sense.” Mu Tian Heng repressed his urge to smile, he would like to see how his family’s Mo Di steer this one.

“So little one, do you have any good suggestions?”

“Well…the name you picked is great. Suan Suan… it’s a solid and energetic name. And the reduplication is also very cute, cough…” Mo Di was not able to continue with his self-contradictory words anymore, “why don’t we switch up the word a little to give him a more unique name?”

Advertisements

Mu Tian Heng was about to burst out laughing but he kept his composure: “So what word would you like to use?”

“How about… Suan Suan (算算)! The suan from ji suan (计算 = computing/calculating). It still retains the name you gave but its meaning is closer to home since we’re both good at computing. It can be our mascot! That’s three birds with one stone! Brother, what do you think?”

“Suan Suan?” Mu Tian Heng who was racking his brains to think of a better name for the puppy to appease Mo Di was saved by his suggestion. His little one is just too cute, and also very quick-witted.

Mu Tian Heng could no longer hold back and reached out to touch Mo Di’s hair. He smiled and said: “Indeed, that’s a very good name.”

A smile spread across Mo Di’s face immediately. He pinched Suan Suan’s hairy ears.

Suan Suan, you should remember and be thankful to me, I’m the reason you managed to escape from that pungent name.

“Alright, let’s stop bothering Suan Suan for now. It’s time to eat, what do you want for dinner?”

“Anything will do.” Mo Di replied.

“Anything will do….that’s actually harder to deal with.” Mu Tian Heng at Mo Di with gentle eyes. After a moment, he smiled and said: “How about steak? We still have some left from the last time.”

“Ok.” Mo Di nodded decisively. When he said ‘anything will do’, he really meant it, he was not going to refuse anything.

“Then I’ll go make it. You can stay in the living room and wait.”

“Brother, I want to be your assistant.” Mo Di refused to stay idle. He put down Suan Suan and went to the kitchen.

“There’s no need, it’s nothing complicated. I don’t need an assistant. And…” Mu Tian Heng looked at Suan Suan with a contemplating look, “if your name wasn’t changed, I might actually let you in to help improve the taste, but now, let’s just forget it.” “(TN: 算了吧 means something like forget it or nevermind. It is the same word as Suan Suan’s name)