CHAPTER 15

Clang!

The next second Mo Di slammed the curtain shut. His arm hit the edge of the desk and a long bloodstain appeared on the sharp wood.

It was just that the intense shock and escalating fear stemming from the depths of his heart had numbed his nerves and he completely did not feel the pain.

His head was filled with the man he happened to see outside the window. Under the street light, the man’s facial features were clearly illuminated. A youthful, handsome, and well-defined face but with prominent eyebrows and eyes which made the man look fierce. And the iconic ear stud on the left ear… unmistakably, that was the man who fell in love with Mo Liu Gui at first sight and claimed that she was his life – Qin Cheng Yi!!!

Mo Di’s hands and feet were cold but he did not lose his reason. He took a while to recollect himself and then took a deep breath.

His address was exposed but that did not mean that something will happen to him at this time. Nonetheless, he could say without a doubt that Qin Cheng Yi’s appearance right here and now was because of him.

After all, Qin Cheng Yi only liked to live in the most luxurious area of the capital. He hated to associate with the lower class nobles in ‘poorer’ areas. Without a reason, he would never step into this suburban neighbourhood, which in his eyes was a poor and dirty slum.

Unless…it was for Mo Liu Gui.

But he was certain that in his last life, Qin Cheng Yi only fell in love with Mo Liu Gui after the college entrance exam. Did his butterfly wings once again affect the flow and shortened the time?

Mo Di subconsciously turned on his phone. He opened the friend circle and scrolled down. 

As expected, a picture very similar to the one in his last life was pasted on the screen.

Mo Liu Gui: I couldn’t solve the misunderstanding with my brother today, I’m very sad. But it was a pleasant surprise to be able to make a new friend. This could be considered today’s small fortune.

The photo posted showed exactly her and Qin Cheng Yi together.

This explained everything.

Mo Di leaned against the wall, his fingertips sank deep into his palm. The uncontrollable dark mood surged from his heart into his every nerve and cell. 

According to the few times he came in contact with Qin Cheng Yi in his last life, and the description he got from the book, Qin Cheng Yi was a twenty-four-year-old with a cold and detached temperament, which could get violent. He was deeply in love with Mo Liu Gui from the first meeting and treated her as his life. He would pamper her and wholeheartedly resolve all her troubles. And especially towards those whom he did not like or had affected Mo Liu Gui’s mood, he was ruthless beyond means. 

Furthermore, he was the son of the richest man in Hua Xia and was backed by a dark and powerful network. The number of people destroyed by him was not small. And Mo Di, who was branded as the person who had always tried to harm Mo Liu Gui, how could he be spared?

In his last life, or rather in the original plot, were it up to Qin Cheng Yi, Mo Di, who dared to hurt his family’s treasure, was supposed to have his limbs cut off, his eyes and tongue dug out, and made into a human tumbler. This would then be placed at his underground casino as a ‘welcome’ ornament at the door.

But because Mo Liu Gui was too kind that she wanted Qin Cheng Yi to not punish Mo Di too harshly. Qin Cheng Yi could only obey out of his love for her and did not intervene directly. After Mo Di was forced into the mental hospital, he then covered up the truth and made some connections that would allow Mo Wu Hang and the others to have full reign over Mo Di’s ‘treatment’. And so all kinds of abuse, confinement, drug injections, physical and mental tortures….everything was inflicted on him.