Where am i?-huening kai

⚠️TW⚠️: emeto/vomit

Requested by:lillymay2019

Requests closed!!

⋆。˚ ★ ˚。⋆。⋆。˚ ♡˚。⋆。⋆。˚★˚。⋆。⋆。˚ ♡ ˚。⋆。⋆。

Omniscient

Kai could barely keep his eyes open. He was sweating bullets as he repeated the steps to their new song. He was clearly unwell but didn't want to admit it. His whole body was warm despite the frigid temperatures in the practice room. The bright lights on the ceiling made his head throb.

Loud music boomed through the speakers. He was alone again. The members have already gone home. He insisted to stay in the practice room for a few minutes more. Those minutes quickly turned into two hours. His body ached as he stomped on the floor.

Nothing else mattered but his performance. After all, he did have a solo. And that said solo had to be perfect. If it wasn't, he would fall apart completely. He ignored the several beeps coming from his phone. The members were repeatedly texting him about when he was going to come home.

Kai would stay at the building forever If he could.

So the possibility of him coming home early was slim.

He didn't want to be the problem member anymore. He didn't want to be the joke of the group. He hated being a burden to his members. They didn't deserve to be looked down upon because of him.

Everything bad that has happened was solely his fault to him. They ran out of milk at the dorm? His fault. One of the members falls ill on the day of a big performance? His fault. A storm happens while they have a packed schedule? His fault.

No matter what he did, he would always end up beating himself up for things that were completely out of his control.

He heaved as he repeated the same moves. He was tired of his own song. He was tired of his body following the moves. His throat burned from the cold air he kept breathing in and out.

THUD

He collapsed onto the floor. Normally he would be groaning in pain but he couldn't even bring himself to do that.

Suddenly, he heard a tune erupt from his phone. He looked at it.

Yeonjun hyung flashed on the screen.

He couldn't just reject yeonjun's call. Then everyone would know something was wrong with him. He crawled over to his phone laying on the floor. The grabbed his phone and accepted the call.

"Hello?" kai answered trying not to sound exhausted.

"Kai ah! You said you were going to stay back for a few minutes! It's been two hours! You know you can't just lie to me like that right?"

Kai listened to yeonjun's rant over the phone. Yeonjun's tone felt awfully familiar to that of his mother's.

Kai hadn't always been the best at taking care of himself. He only ever cared about his piano proficiency and grades. While caring about that is all fine and well. It still didn't excuse the fact that he was continuously harming himself with the lack of self-care. He never allowed himself to rest.

In his youth, self-care was the biggest task. Kai thought that if he wasn't the best then he didn't deserve any rest.

His mother would call him asking where he was late at night. He would always either respond cram school or piano lessons. He was non-stop studying even when it wasn't required. At first, his mother admired the effort he put in. But then it started turning into his grades and skill proficiency being a bigger priority than his own well-being.