Asthma attack-Soobin

(Provided with information from my brother. Thanks bro :3)

Request by: Anonymous

When soobin was a child his parents were always protective of him. They always got scared when soobin would go outside and would always remind him of his inhaler.

Sometimes they would even follow him. Needless to say it was pretty creepy and embarrassing for soobin.

He didn't like having asthma at all. I mean who would? But he was more ashamed of having it. Every time he would meet someone new he would never tell them he has asthma until an attack happened.

Which led him to lose many friends throughout the years.

He just hated having asthma.

So when he became a trainee at bighit he pretended not to have asthma at all. He didn't want anyone to know.

It got even worse when he became an idol. When he got asthma attacks in the middle of dance practice he would have to cover it up.

And it was really hard.

But surprisingly enough no-one noticed.

And for a long time, no-one knew he had asthma well until...

**

Soobin woke up tired. He checked the weather on his phone and saw a pollen level that was a bit higher than he wanted.

This worried him because he remembered that he was planning to get his inhaler refilled at night so the other members wouldn't know.

But it seemed that he would have to need a refill sooner than he thought he would. He sighed and pulled out his inhaler.

"015"

Obviously, that wasn't going to be enough for a day with high pollen levels.

He figured maybe he was worrying too much. He hoped with his whole heart that they don't have to be outside as much.

**

And they were filming a new TO-DO episode.

Exactly what he feared.

He could already feel that something bad would happen. What is even worse is that he already had 2 attacks earlier.

It wasn't too severe so that gave him some hope that maybe today won't be so bad. Well that was until he realized the episode would be filmed outside.

Well, now he was really fearing this day. His inhaler only had 10 puffs left and if he has another attack he will not feel better with the medicine.

He'd have to be really lucky if the medicine left in there was enough. He didn't want to tell anyone.

He just didn't want to be a burden like he used to be. He wanted to believe that he didn't need help from anyone.

**

So far the episode was going okay. They were playing a game for grape stickers like they do for the series. Soobin thought that this was just going to be a normal episode.

Well, that was until later.

This game was a chasing kind of game. They had to find retrieve some items. And if someone gets it first they win something.

Soobin started to forget his fear about an attack and started to go along with the game. He started to run like everyone else.

And suddenly his worst fear came true.

After a bit of running, soobin felt his airway start to close up. It was like his lungs were shrinking. He started to gasp for air but just couldn't find it.

Almost no air entered his lungs. He got his inhaler and quickly puffed it only to realize that his fear was right. The medicine wasn't working well.

He still wasn't getting enough air. Was this point he was crying.

He knew that no-one would be able to hear his desperate wheezes and what he meant to call for help which ended up being interrupted by several coughing fits.

He sat down and waited for the release of death. All while breathing shallowly.

**

"Where's soobin hyung??" Huening Kai asked with his tone being laced with concern.

"Yeah it's weird I haven't seen him since the game started." Beomgyu said.

"Hey, the game is over. Wait, where's soobin?" Yeonjun asked

Taehyun was following yeonjun and he was just as confused as everyone else.

"We don't know either. We haven't seen him since the game began." Beomgyu said.

**
They all were starting to get worried because they walked around for a few minutes and still couldn't find him.

It took quite a bit until they heard several coughing fits from somewhere. They couldn't really see well because it was a dimly lit place.

Eventually, they found soobin with the help of taehyun's flashlight from his phone. He didn't look there.

He looked like he was desperately holding on to stay conscious but at the same time, he was gasping for air.

"Soobin wake up" yeonjun said shaking soobin.

Soobin woke up from yeonjun accidentally banging him against the wall when he shook him.

Soobin groaned and open his eyes halfway. He was disoriented and didn't know what was going on. He didn't understand that he was having a severe asthma attack.

Although it seemed that beomgyu understood what was going on well enough to call 911.

"He's having a severe asthma attack" beomgyu mumbled.

**
It took about 2 silent but thick tensioned hours in the waiting room to at least get any closure on soobin's condition.

They were then told that soobin had been put on medication to reduce the inflammation and that he seemed to be unconscious for now.

This whole thing was quite a surprise. Soobin normally wouldn't keep big secrets like that from them. This is why it was so surprising that they just found out about it.

It was a very strange occurrence but they had a more important thing to focus on.

Soobin's health.

**

Soobin's pov

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. My chest felt sore and my throat. The pain was a bit unbearable. I felt alone in this unfamiliar room.

I had a blurry memory of what happened but I remembered enough to know that I had an asthma attack in front of the members. I feel embarrassed. I never wanted them to find out but now they have. I was nervous about what they might think.

**

Soobin laid there with many thoughts running through his head. I was so much that he started to feel tired the more he thought about it. He then proceeded to fall asleep with no warning.

**

Later soobin got discharged from the hospital and got better medicine. "Maybe they wouldn't talk more about it." he thought.

He was wrong.

It was a bit overwhelming how they kept worrying about him but once he got used to it...

he knew that they just cared a lot about him.

Requests open!!