Trapdoor mishap- huening kai

Disclaimer: graphic detailing and lots of angst and detailing of sickness (emeto)

Also if you're wondering why in uploaded 2 huening kai chapters so close together it's because I have had this laying around and I decided to finish it.

Huening kai had not been able to sleep lately so when he woke up tired and sick he wasn't surprised at all. He had also been out in the rain last night.

He was the last one to wake up which means he had to get up quickly. Unfortunately how quickly he got up did anything but good for him.

His head pounded, stomach ached, throat burned. He coughed as he placed his hand on the edge of the bed so he didn't collapse on the floor.

"Gosh," he muttered. He had been sick several times before but this one was not quite like what he has experienced before.

He desperately just wanted to curl into a little ball and cry for eternity. But since they had a performance on the schedule today he couldn't do that.

He felt lightheaded and was close to fainting right then and there. Until he heard someone call his name.

"Oh you're awake, are you okay? I heard some pretty bad coughing" Beomgyu said "agh! you look terrible" Beomgyu said as huening kai looked at him.

"Thanks, you too..." huening kai said with a sigh.

"No, what I meant is that you don't look like you're doing well," Beomgyu said as he put his palm on huening kai's forehead.

Beomgyu's facial expression looked concerned.

"You're warm..." Beomgyu said quite loudly "Shhh! Come on the others can't know." Huening kai said.

"You don't think you're going to perform like this do you?" Beomgyu said genuinely concerned. "yeah, I don't think I'm too sick." huening kai said.

Beomgyu gave him a look of "you're kidding right". Huening Kai was about to go on a whole rant on why he was "good enough" to perform but his stomach suddenly turned.

He slammed his hand on his mouth and ran to the bathroom. He puked and he started to become frustrated with his body. "why on this day" he thought.

He sat on the floor weakly as some tears streamed down his face. He just couldn't help crying. The burning pain in his throat was the worst feeling ever.

He didn't want to ruin anything. "I told you." he heard a voice say. "Hyung I'm begging you don't tell the others." Huening Kai said which caught beomgyu off guard.

"Are you sure..?'' beomgyu said confused. "yeah! I'm feeling better see!" huening kai said getting up a bit too fast. Everything hurt but he hid it behind a smile.

*

After a while, the others started to believe him. Yes, it did hurt to ignore his sickness but if it means he didn't get to be a burden he was going to do anything. It didn't bother him but it sure bothered his body.

There were many times he had to take a bathroom break at dance practice because his stomach wasn't having it with how much he was moving.

But he was fine...right?

Well not really.

He had just been taking a lot of medication to the point where it was harming him more than helping him.

He knew he was doing something unhealthy but he still regrets all the other times when his health problems got in the way. He felt like a failure all those times but he won't give in.

not this time.

*

They were backstage and the medicine started to wear off. He started to feel even worse than he did in the morning. He was starting to feel the effects of ignoring his sickness.

What was worse is that they were supposed to get on stage any minute now. But his body wasn't having it. He could feel his legs shake as he tried not to fall right then and there.

Beomgyu had started to notice that huening kai was not feeling good at all. Huening kai's health started to deteriorate. Tears filled his eyes as they threatened to fall. He tried to blink them back.

His hands started to shiver as he started to feel hot. He took deep breaths and desperately tried to hide the fact that something was wrong.

*

They got on stage and huening kai was finding it hard to walk. There were times where he almost fell. But that wouldn't have been the only problem he would encounter.

When he was trying his best not to collapse he didn't notice there was still a big hole because that small part of the stage was not lifted yet.

He suddenly fell into the hole.

Luckily no one was inside. Soon the only thing he could hear was his heavy breathing. He felt as oxygen mask being slipped on as he was lifted into the ambulance.

* (6 pm)

He woke up in his bed. His head was pounding like before but he felt a tad bit better. well, that was until his stomach started to ache.

He shoved his blanket but was surprised when he saw his leg was bandaged up. It was quite numb. But his stomach couldn't wait so he accidentally puked onto his lap.

The door to his room opened and yes it was quite surprising to see someone who had been asleep the whole day now crying with sick dripping from his mouth.

Beomgyu ran and then came back with a whole roll of toilet paper as that was the only thing he could think of to get.

Beomgyu wiped the sick off of huening kai's mouth. He felt pity for the unwell boy. He knew that huening kai would most likely not listen when it comes to this.

Sometimes the idol life can get in the way of one's health but he really hated seeing hyuka in pain. He helped huening kai get up and handed him crutches.

Huening kai was very loopy from the medicine so there is a chance he won't even remember this moment. Beomgyu then helped him back in the bed and put a trashcan near him.

Beomgyu turned off that lights and closed the door. Huening kai lied there in a lot of silent pain. He seemed to have lost his voice. When he cried he didn't make that much noise.

All he could do was silently groan. He heard two voices outside.

"He's awake? Have you made him take his medicine?"

"No I didn't"

"Medicine..." he thought. Then a wave of fear rushed over him. "Medicine for what?!"

He saw a crack of light enter his room and he suddenly had the reflex of turning onto the opposite side of the door.

"Hyuka, I know you don't want to take it but you have to." Yeonjun said

Huening kai turned to yeonjun almost crying.

"I'll take it." He whispered and sat up.

He took the medicine and flopped down of his bed.

"Hyung, what happened?" He asked

"You collapsed at the performance." Yeonjun said putting the cap on the medicine bottle

"Did I do okay?" Huening kai asked

Yeonjun started to have a hard time telling him that he fell in the unlifted trapdoor.

"Yeah! You did great. It was at the end of the performance." Yeonjun said.

That was a lie but he really didn't want to tell huening kai so early in his recovery as he knew that kai would only get worse.