Attempt-yeonjun

⚠️CW⚠️: Suicide attempt, Body hate, Drug overdose.

(Please inform me if warnings are missing/mislabeled)

Requested by: anon (ゝ◡╹)ノ💖

⋆。˚ ★ ˚。⋆。⋆。˚ ♡˚。⋆。⋆。˚★˚。⋆。⋆。˚ ♡ ˚。⋆。⋆。.

☆★ (Omniscient)

Yeonjun woke up with a sore throat. He had spent the night arguing with Soobin over something. He could barely remember what happened. All he knew what that someone had to hold Soobin back from lunging at him.

He groaned, not wanting to get up and face his mistakes. He knew he should've swallowed his pride last night and stayed quiet. But he just had to yell. He hated being disrespected.

Especially now that the world has seemingly turned its back on him. Every day, it's something new on the internet. If he didn't constantly smile throughout an interview, they thought he was an asshole. If he did smile, they would say he was trying too hard. Nothing was ever good enough.

Yeonjun took all of this to heart too. He hated facing the fact that they were hurting him. But when you constantly hear that everything you do is wrong, it starts to go to your head.

Today, Yeonjun stayed in. Even though they had a day off, he still thought it would be better to stay in. He liked to explain it as though he had no plans. When really, he had to cancel everything to stay home. He was scared of going out. He was terrified that he'd be chased just for a few pictures.

Somedays, it was better. Somedays, he could go for a walk. But recently, he has gone weeks without going outside. He knew the members were worried. But he didn't care. As long as he wasn't being chased in the streets, he was fine.

☆★

Yeonjun woke up in a cold sweat. He could barely breathe profoundly. Suddenly he heard a soft knock at his door. Soobin slightly cracked the door open with a paper bag in one hand.

"Hyung...I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now," Soobin whispered.

"But I got you your medicine," Soobin said, taking an orange prescription bottle from the bag.

Yeonjun groaned and turned away from Soobin.

"Could you at least try to take it?" Soobin asked.

"No," Yeonjun simply said. "They'll make me gain weight. I don't need more of that. I mean look at me..."

"Hyung, your body doesn't matter to me, okay?" Soobin said. "I just want you to be fine."

"I'm already hideous, Soobin," Yeonjun said. "I really don't need you to make things worse for me."

"Hyung, I'm trying to help you," Soobin explained.

"What you're trying to do is make my life worse," Yeonjun said. He didn't bother to look at Soobin. He knew what expression Soobin would have on his face—a look of injury and defeat.

Once the door closed, Yeonjun closed his eyes. He wanted everything to go back to the way it was. He really did. But his body wouldn't let him. His mind wouldn't let him. It was impossible to be happy.

He could hear voices outside of his room. He could hear Soobin's voice breaking down as he explained the situation to Beomgyu.

"Beomgyu ah... I just don't know what to do..." Soobin said through sniffles. "I want him to feel better, I really do."

"Hyung, you can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped," Beomgyu said.

"He wants to be helped!" Soobin yelled.