Substance abuse- Yeonjun

Disclaimer: substance abuse, mentions of death, graphic detailing.

Everything started to go back to normal. Everyone was recovering fine...Well everyone except yeonjun. He hadn't fully recovered.

He still got nightmares and flashbacks of the accident that put him off for the whole day. The nightmares were vivid enough to make him cry.

It was so much he started turning to substances that would make everything feel "better".

He would drink alcohol sometimes but would always sober up enough to come back to the dorm acting as if everything was fine.

But he knew deep down that nothing was fine. He came to hate emotions at this point.

He hated walking by roads because he could already picture everything that happens there. They were sudden and quick flashbacks.

He was mad at himself a lot. He hated he felt this when the others were more hurt than him. Why was he so hurt inside?

One day he thought would be like the others. He didn't know it would spin out of control. He woke up in the morning after having another nightmare.

His limbs ached, most likely because he was moving a lot in his sleep. he rubbed his eyes as they started to focus. His head hurt because he happened to be drinking last night.

He thought it wasn't that much but unfortunately, he was hungover. He knew he would have to try his best not to show it.

He turned on the lamp and was greeted with a painful beam of light. He almost yelled at the sight. He quickly turned the lamp off.

He was drinking it so much to the point where it was an escape to him and if he didn't have that escape he would feel trapped.

*

Yeonjun found himself in a bathroom stall drinking a bottle. He didn't even know how he ended up there.

But his hands shook as he took the last sip of the bottle.

The bottle almost slipped out his hand. he giggled as sweat ran down. He slowly got up and in his drunken haze, he stumbled out of the stall.

His face was noticeable with flushed color. His feelings were all numb and he felt warm inside as if he had just gotten a really warm hug.

*

he stumbled dizzily into the dorm. He legs trembling with every step he took.

The room was getting more blurry and he tried to take a deep breath. He knew he had just done something wrong.

He could feel an anxious feeling consume him. He stumbled and fell on the floor unfortunately hitting his head along with it.

He heard echoing voices from a distance but couldn't seem to respond. He just lied on the cold hard floor until the alcohol took its effect and he went unconscious.

*

He heard the same voices again but a lot more clearer now. He recognized they were his members voices. He instantly felt immense guilt.

He felt awful that they found him passed out from alcohol. He opened his eyes and shakily sat up. His head pounded and his stomach ached.

He grabbed the trash can next to him and puked.

He was tired and felt pathetic. The door creaked open and it was Huening Kai.

"Hyung I need to take your temperature." He said

"Why?" Yeonjun asked

"Well I found you passed out on the floor and I want to make sure it's nothing really serious." Huening kai said with a smile.

But before he could talk any further the thermometer was already in his mouth.

Huening kai frowned when he saw the temperature.

"Looks like you're going to be in bed all day hyung." He said

"Wait!" Yeonjun said

"Hm?"

"I passed out because I drank alcohol" he said letting out a sigh

"Hyung. I know." Huening kai said

"What?" Yeonjun said

"I figured you would do this. I've noticed you've been acting weird since the accident." Huening kai continued. "The others don't know but i'll have to tell them. You can't keep doing this."

Yeonjun let out a small cry.

"Don't worry hyung. I'm sure they won't be mad. They'll get it." Huening kai said

Yeonjun couldn't argue further because his face was buried in the trash can.

"I'll go and get you medicine." Huening kai said leaving the room.

*

"And I'm sorry." Yeonjun finished.

He had just explained how he's been feeling since the accident.

He felt his heart drop at the end.

But as huening kai said they didn't seem mad at all.

"Hyung I get it. When I was in the hospital I struggled with that too." Soobin said

It seemed like they all had understood  what he had been feeling.

"However hyung I think you might have a problem. Because you said you were getting constant nightmares and vivid flashbacks?" Taehyun asked

Yeonjun nodded with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Hyung you might need to get help." Beomgyu said

"Like a therapist?" Yeonjun asked

"Yeah." Huening kai said.

*

After a few weeks of therapy, yeonjun had felt a bit better. It was better than having a constant fear every day and not being able to control it.

He knew it was going to take a long time but he was willing to get better.