Hate-taehyun

⚠️CW⚠️: Self-hate, hate comments, overworking, suicidal thoughts, skin picking.

(Plz tell me if these warnings are wrong)

Requested by: @lee-KNOWS-minho

⋆ ₊ ゚ ★ * ₊ ⋆⋆ ₊ ゚☆ * ₊ ⋆⋆ ₊ ゚ ★ * ₊ ⋆⋆ ₊ ゚

Taehyun's POV

I'm nothing. That's it. I'm nothing. All of the other members won. But me? Nothing. My features. Nothing. I know that maybe it's all my head. At least, I wish it was that way. I wish that maybe I could just convince myself that everyone loves me. Then I'd be happy again.

Then I'd be okay. Everything would be. But no, everyone does hate me. And there's nothing I could do to move past that.

"Taehyun hyung," I could hear a voice call me. I looked away from the ceiling for a second.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I was thinking that maybe you can come to see a movie with Soobin hyung and I," Kai suggested.

"You already know Soobin hyung hates me," I said.

I could see Kai's demeanor sort of relax. But his stance was more sad. Like defeated in a way. Maybe I shouldn't be such a negative freak around him.

"He doesn't hate you," Kai said. "He's just a bit mad at you right now."

"I don't get it," I reply. "All I did was defend myself and now they're all mad at me?"

"Well, maybe you went about it the wrong way," Kai suggested.

I know I should've been more careful with my words. But he should've taken me hyung more seriously.

I'm a good person.

I'm a good person.

I'm a good person.

Right?

☆★ (Omniscient)

Taehyun sat alone in the living room. Of course, everyone was gone today. What else could he expect? Normally, he wouldn't be so hurt by this. But today, the emptiness of the dorm felt like salt on an open wound. He watched the TV with an absent mind. He didn't even care what was playing.

He felt his phone buzz beside him.

Maybe it was the group chat. Maybe it was his family. Either way, he didn't care enough to check. Maybe it was another scolding for something he did. Maybe it was the manager telling him that there would be even more work for him to do.

Either way, he couldn't bring himself to check. It wasn't just a sense of hopelessness, a part of him had a blind fear. A fear that it would be a long message of why no one wanted to talk to him anymore.

After another buzz, Taehyun picked his phone up and threw it across the room. It bounced off the wall with a loud thud. He didn't want anything to do with anyone.

He looked back up at the TV.

"In other news, Singer Kang Taehyun accused of bullying by an alleged past classmate."

He's been dealing with this for weeks now. The company said they would sue the accuser. They said that three weeks ago. The entire internet is at his throat. Posting cherry-picked evidence of him bullying other idols, being mean to fans, and even bullying the members.

He would never be rude to anyone. They should know that. But it seemed like he was the most hated person in the world. The members won't even talk to him. He could've kept his mouth shut. Maybe then, he would have some support for once.