Panic - Huening kai

⚠️TW⚠️: Needles (Trypanophobia), Blood (Hemophobia)

Requested by: Anon(ゝ◡╹)ノ♡

⋆ ₊ ゚ ★  * ₊ ⋆⋆ ₊ ゚☆ * ₊ ⋆⋆ ₊ ゚ ★ * ₊ ⋆⋆ ₊ ゚
Kai's POV

"I'm not the type to be scared of things. At least, I don't get scared easily. I'm always told by people that they don't understand how I can't be scared of everything. Beomgyu hyung is usually clinging to me when a movie gets too scary. And I'm usually the one Soobin hyung calls to kill bugs."

"They all think I'm not scared of anything. They're all wrong. What they don't know, is that I have one fear. A fear that I've kept hidden from all of them."

"I hate needles."

"It's childish, I know."

"But... needles have no right looking so scary! I mean- Why is the point so long?? And have you seen how sharp it is? I'm surprised that not more people are scared of them! "

★☆ (Omniscient)

"So that's why I don't want to get my blood drawn!" Kai said.

Kai then heard a loud sigh over the phone.

"Kai ah, you've been sick for so long," His friend said. "Why don't you just get it drawn so they could find out what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong with me," Kai said. "I'll be fine even if they don't steal my blood."

"I saw the articles, Kai ah," His friend said. "You even look sick. You can close your eyes when they do it!"

"I'm not that sick, okay?" Kai said. "And I don't like that you're saying I look sick..."

"It's the truth," His friend said. "I haven't seen you in weeks because of it. I'm worried about you."

"Hyung, it's no big deal," Kai said. "I'm feeling better today, really!"

"Okay... but please face your fears just this once," His friend said, now quiet. "I'll see you Friday, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be there this time I promise!" Kai said.

His friend hung up the phone, leaving Kai with a gloomy feeling in his heart. He knew he should get his blood drawn. At least then, he could go back to how everything used to be. When he could still dance without getting tired. When he wasn't scared of eating. He missed those times. He knew the members wouldn't let him avoid getting his blood drawn. They were first witnesses to him passing out at dance practice. They saw the worst of his illness. The only person who didn't want Kai to get his blood drawn was himself.

Kai's thoughts suddenly got interrupted when Taehyun swung open the door. The light of the outside quickly flowed in, blinding Kai.

"It's so dark in here," Taehyun said, walking in. "Kai ah, are you feeling better?"

Kai nodded.

"Kai ah, I think it's time you get your blood drawn," Taehyun said. "I know we've been really busy and you haven't been able to go. So, we cleared our schedule for tomorrow so you can go get your blood drawn."

"You...what?" Kai asked. "No! It's fine! I could just go some other day! You didn't have to clear tomorrow's schedule..."

"Kai ah, your health is way more important right now," Taehyun said. "Besides, I don't want it to happen again."

★Kai's pov☆

I frowned. I knew Taehyun hyung would bring 'it' up. I remembered that day as if it happened yesterday. I remembered feeling perfectly fine. I went from schedule to schedule, feeling like I could conquer the world as if the world was in my grasp. Then, when we were practicing, I felt faint. The next thing I knew, I was already on the ground. When I woke up, I remembered seeing Taehyun hyung wipe his eyes.