attempt-huening kai

⚠️TW⚠️: Suicide attempt (hanging), emeto/vomit, suicidal thoughts, depression, physical abuse, detailed eating disorder (bulimia), getting attacked by a group of people.

Omniscient

Kai felt the pain in his knees get worse as he knelt. The familiar toilet bowl greeted him once more. He wanted to finally feel empty.

But it seemed impossible with the cycle he had going on. He kept stuffing himself and emptying it all. It was an exhausting practice but it was the only thing that made him feel calm.

He couldn't stand his body. Every day he looks in the mirror and feels disappointed. He wanted to be free from his own body. But he was stuck with it. And that made him suffer.

No matter what he did, it was just never good enough. Never good enough for the fans. Never good enough for the choreographers. Never good enough for the members.

*Knock knock*~

"Kai ah, are you sick?" A familiar voice asked.

That voice was the last voice Kai wanted to hear right now.

"Can I come in?" Taehyun asked.

"S-Sure" Kai answered defeated. He couldn't even come up with an excuse like he usually did.

Taehyun cracked the door open. Kai was sitting exhausted on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet.

"What happened? Are you alright??" Taehyun asked kneeling to level with kai.

"I just feel a bit sick," kai lied. "I think it was last night's dinner..." He wasn't sick with anything. He was just sick of feeling full.

"But you barely ate dinner," Taehyun said wiping the sick off of Kai's lips with a piece of toilet paper.

"I don't know what it was," Kai whispered. "I just don't feel well..."

Kai looked at him with his tired eyes.

It was impossible to refute his lies when he did that...

Taehyun sighed.

★☆

Kai layed on his bed feeling as if guilt was sitting right on top of his chest. He stared at the ceiling wondering when the guilty feeling would be over. He didn't want to get out of bed. There was nothing for him out there. So why even bother?

He wouldn't be happy with anything. He forgot was happiness even felt like. If life outside of his bed wouldn't help him remember that, then why even bother?

The darkness in his shared room felt comfortable. He wasn't interested in any other setting. He heard the door creak open. He remembered that taehyun said he was going to be out with his friends for a while. Kai didn't expect him to be back so early.

"Kai ah, I brought you your favorite snacks," taehyun whispered.

Kai softly groaned turning his head to Taehyun.

"How long have you been in bed?" Taehyun asked.

"A while," Kai replied.

"We could spend the rest of the night together," Taehyun suggested. "You must've been lonely here all by yourself,"

"It'll be just you and me-"

**Ring!**

"Sorry kai I have to take this," Taehyun said.

Taehyun walked out of the bedroom and made his way outside to take the call.

Kai was once again left alone.