7

Ryujin's house sensibly reflected her personality. Dark, neat, brooding, and elegant.

Although she was convinced that it wasn't a mansion, her friends definitely didn't think so. Well, it wasn't at first sight but upon entrance, it was certainly impressively spacious. It was most probably because of the illusion of high ceilings and the placement of the furniture. It didn't have many walls either, the absence of divisions providing a vast open area throughout the first floor that gave them more than enough to look at. The black exterior matched the color of the interior, designed with an ample amount of indoor plants and wooden decorations that was refreshing to the eyes. It was located within the confinements of the woods, less than a mile away from the road. Aside from the privacy, Ryujin's house was surrounded with serenity as well.

"I don't understand why you didn't want us to see this when it was being constructed," Chaeryeong said, failing to hide her excitement as her eyes traveled across the house. "This house is humongous."

Ryujin smiled in contentment, leading them towards the extensive dining area. Various delicacies sat in the middle of the round table along with refreshments and fresh fruits.

"Did you make all these?" Jinni said in awe, pertaining to the dishes prepared for them.

Ryujin nodded, visibly proud of herself. "I've been cooking all day. Have a seat."

"You could've asked for our help," Jennie said as she sat down between Yuna and Lisa.

"You would've been done in an hour," Lisa added, reaching for a grape before popping it in her mouth.

"Yeah, and we wouldn't even be sitting here right now because you've already burned the entire house down the moment you got close to the stove," Yuna said, causing them to erupt into a fit of laughter.

"You're one to talk. You can't even cook an egg," Lisa said accusingly.

Yuna simply shrugged before flipping her hair over her shoulder. "At least I'm not pretending that I can."

"Come on, guys," Chaeryeong said, gaining their attention. "Don't make yourself look like a bunch of losers in front of my sister. I talked so highly of you."

Yeji's eyes disappeared into a line as she laughed. "No, she didn't. While I was moving in earlier, she did nothing but talk shit about all of you."

A grape came flying towards Chaeryeong's direction, hitting her on her cheek.

"Hey!" she said in protest, glaring at Lisa, who was laughing with pride.

"That's how you aim, you moron."

"See?" Chaeryeong said dramatically, turning back to her sister. "I told you they're a bunch of bullies. I've been completely honest with you and you decided to go against me?"

A clinking sound made them all stop. Jinni was standing up with a champagne glass in her hand and a knife in the other, a smile plastered on her face.

"I'd like to make a toast for my great sister, Ryujin, for all her spectacular achievements, from her own company, the Bifrost, to this, her now own house," she said, eliciting a rather sheepish smile from Ryujin. They all cheered on her, hollering and clapping their hands. "Most of us, if not all, are aware that all you have now is because of your perseverance. Although with the help of a few people, they only served as your training wheels. This," Jinni paused to motion to their surroundings, "this was all you."

"Cheers!" Lisa avidly said.

They all raised their glass and took a sip from their respective drink, silently celebrating Ryujin's triumphs.