70

"Over there. Against the grain, across it."

"But it's hot! I can't hold it."

"Baby, there's literally a tong right beside you. You can use it."

"I need my two hands if you want me to properly slice through it, Ryuddaeng."

"Yeddeong, it's a steak. Not a cake," Ryujin said, earning an eye roll from her girlfriend. "You just want to fulfill your Korean drama dreams of having my arms wrapped around you while cooking."

"Are you going to help me or not?"

"Right."

Holding back a laugh, Ryujin took a step closer to her girlfriend until her front was entirely pressed against hers, sliding her arms around her waist and holding the steak in place with the tong while she brought the knife down on it. When they landed in Switzerland, the first thought that Yeji had was to have Ryujin teach her how to cook something. It didn't sound like a bad idea and the billionaire would ensure that she wouldn't burn the whole place down so after settling in, they headed out to the market to get what they needed. Since it was only about five minutes away from their place, the couple enjoyed a morning stroll on the exquisite streets of Iseltwald, taking their time admiring the view that they had of Lake Brienz.

It felt like going down the memory lane for Ryujin. She chose not to occupy the same apartment that she used to rent when she went on her own and bought a place by the lake, yet everything still seemed familiar to her. She knew it would've been rather disconcerting if she came back to Iseltwald by herself—being faced with the same streets that reminded her of her despairing heartache, the same establishments that brought back woeful memoirs, stuck with her own dire mind. It would've been torture.

But Yeji was standing right between her arms, cooking steak for each other, and Iseltwald was no longer a place of blue devils.

Despite the polar temperature, the village felt like basking underneath the sun for Ryujin as she had the cat-eyed woman sitting snugly on her lap as they shared a plate of the steak that they made.

"Tell me more about your friend that we're meeting tonight," Yeji said after feeding her a chunk, using her finger to wipe the gravy that made it to the side of her lips, putting it in her own mouth to suck it off thereafter. "Is it going to be a formal dinner? Is she someone from work?"

Ryujin swallowed as she grabbed her glass of malbec, sipping on it. "Her name's Rosé. I think I've mentioned her to you before."

"Oh, that friend," Yeji said, nodding her head knowingly. "She's the one who helped you out before when we . . . "

She hummed before the taller woman could even finish. "I thought it would be nice to introduce you personally since I also wanted to bring you here."

"I think I do have to meet her." Yeji chuckled, holding another bite of steak in front of her mouth. "I have to thank her for knocking some sense into your thick skull."

She grinned, unable to disagree, and focused on eating instead. "I don't know where I'd be now if I didn't meet her, honestly."

"Still with me," the cat-eyed woman said with irreproachable pride, flashing her dimple at her as she smiled. "I can't believe how you're still not convinced that we're meant to be."

Ryujin took a deep breath, giving herself a minute to think, her hand squeezing Yeji's thigh distractedly. "I have faith. I agree that it's beyond comforting to think about the idea that despite our past undergoing a few changes, we would still end up together in the end."

"It's written in the stars, Ryuddaeng," Yeji said, giggling before placing a kiss on the tip of her nose. "You were bound to fall in love with me from the beginning."