49

As soon as she felt the warmth of the sun on her skin, Ryujin began to stir up. She froze upon feeling a weight on her chest and shoulders, causing her eyes to fly open. She suddenly held her breath upon seeing the cat-eyed woman comfortably curled up beside her with her head on the crook of her neck, her slender arm snaked loosely around her torso, and her face completely lost in slumber like a baby sleeping.

It wasn't the heat of the sunrise that was kissing her skin. It was the warmth radiating off of Yeji's body snugly pressed against hers.

It had to be a dream.

She was dreaming, right?

Ryujin felt stupid but her mind was barely awake and it couldn't quite keep up to what she was actually witnessing, struggling to believe that Yeji practically had herself wrapped around her frame like it was the most normal thing she ever did. It wasn't that they left their conversation prior on a bad note. Yeji didn't tell her much as her feline eyes began to fall and they ended up drifting off to sleep with their hands intertwined. Ryujin could swear that they didn't go to sleep in the exact position they were in now.

As much as she loved the idea of basking in the heat of Yeji's hold for hours, she couldn't feel the other half of her body as it grew numb under the architect's weight. Yeji, on the other hand, was surely lost at peace on top of her, even pushing her face further into the side of her neck and igniting a wave of goosebumps to rise on her skin. Ryujin's heart was already about to combust and Yeji just had to pull her closer, tightening her hold on her with a soft moan.

She just knew that her face was as red as a fucking tomato. Early in the morning, Yeji was already driving her insane. She wasn't even awake yet. Ryujin realized how delicate she was under the cat-eyed woman's mercy that she didn't need to be conscious to have her wrapped around her fingers.

It was too much for such an early hour.

With great concentration, Ryujin slowly slid out of the architect's hold. It took her a couple of minutes, halting every time Yeji would stir up or mumble something incoherent, until she finally managed to escape her childlike grip. Ryujin was kind enough to use another pillow as a replacement for herself before heading out of the room.

The clock was only approaching five in the morning and nobody else was awake but her. Since she needed to keep her mind off of Yeji for a moment as well, she decided that it was the perfect time to make breakfast for everyone. Luckily, Lia was an angel and made sure to ensure the availability of resources in the beach house before they occupied it. She didn't have to worry about the ingredients to create soufflé pancakes. After gathering everything she needed on the countertop, she pulled an apron over her head and began working.

It took her a while to successfully get rid of every thought associated with the cat-eyed woman. Along the way, she somehow shifted into an autopilot mode while measuring the flour that was required for the large batch that she was making. After collecting enough egg yolks in a metal bowl, she began preparing the batter, focusing on producing the texture that she wanted. She was just about to move on to making the meringue when she heard footsteps behind her.

Looking around, she felt a swirling sensation in her stomach at the image of the architect in her sleepy state. Her eyes were barely open so they simply appeared like fine lines against her alabaster skin, her lips slightly pouting. Ryujin couldn't help but laugh.

"What are you doing here?"

"I knew I'd find you here," Yeji said, pushing her hand beneath her tank top to rub her stomach. "What are you doing here?"

Ryujin lifted the metal bowl and whisk she was holding. "Breakfast."

"I wanna help."

"You're half awake talking to me and you're volunteering to help cook?"