39

Things were surprisingly going well—much better than Yeji anticipated them to.

After their impromptu date at the café, Ryujin asked her out for another date the next evening and brought her to a fancy dinner. Aside from the extravagant food and the fine dining, there was nothing else special. Ryujin still refused to talk about the issue and Yeji got the feeling that she wouldn't voluntarily do so unless she actually addressed it first. This was another conflict to Yeji since she didn't want to ruin the way Ryujin wasn't doing anything to push her away and she was treating her the same way she did before.

Or Yeji thought so.

After their dinner date, it didn't come as a shock to Yeji that she, once more, ended up in bed with Ryujin, lost in their moment until the sun came up. She couldn't complain though. Ryujin filled her stomach with the best type of food her tongue had ever tasted and she made her feel insanely good in the sheets. Perhaps it was just their new routine that Yeji had to get used to. And she wouldn't have minded—she was willing to wait for the Ryujin to be ready to talk—until the billionaire began acting up again.

It was the same. A few days after their dinner, it was total silence with Ryujin. At first, Yeji assumed that she was probably just busy with work and unlike before, she would rather wait until she was completely available before giving out an update but two days passed and nothing came. Yeji continued to text her, of course, but never got any response. This time, it annoyed her more than it scared her. What was it with Ryujin and her newly acquired talent of suddenly disappearing like a fucking bubble? But Yeji had more things to worry about since her work was starting to pile up, and Yuna just announced that there was going to be a competition for their Christmas event.

Each department was required to participate in multiple contests and the one who would get the most wins would acquire a great amount of money and other beneficial prizes. Yeji was appointed as the leader to their group that will participate in the dance battle along with Soobin while Arin was assigned to be the head of the designing team for the best proposal of the new Auclair building.

Under normal circumstances, Yeji wouldn't have minded leading a dance troupe since she already had experience from the events that she participated in when she was younger, but she was specifically trying to avoid anything that would ignite more drama between her coworkers. However, the universe just seemed to hate her so much recently.

Their practice didn't even begin yet and Yeji was already stressing out deciding which song they should use. She already had a list of options but every time she started listening to them one by one, nothing was sparking interest in her, which brought her back to square one. She still had a project at hand so she had to stay in the building after working hours to brainstorm about the dance battle.

The clock was approaching six when she was finally able to choose a song and it took her two more hours browsing the internet for choreography, sifting through various videos that she could get ideas from. It took her a day to complete the choreography and another to actually master it. She was worn out although she felt pride in knowing that she still had the talent in dancing. Luckily, there was a studio near Chaeryeong's house and she did all the preparation there.

Catching her breath after her final rehearsal, Yeji plopped down on the couch and grabbed her phone, hoping that she could meet up with Ryujin to relieve her stress and relax with her. She was only able to scowl on her phone, seeing that her last message was still yet to be seen by the billionaire and it had been an entire  day. She sent her a text anyway before tossing the device on the empty spot beside her and staring at the ceiling instead. Sometimes she just wanted to pull out all of Ryujin's hair along with her scalp just to see what it was inside her head. She was infuriatingly inconsistent but she was so good with it that Yeji couldn't bring herself to quit her.