35

"Baby, where are you?"

Ryujin held her phone between her ear and her shoulder as she put on the last layer that completed her outfit. She wore all black for the night, starting from her turtleneck underneath the rider jacket to her pants and boots, finishing it with silver rings decorating her slender fingers. She smiled down at the couple ring that she got with Yeji and stared at herself in the mirror.

"Just on my way," Ryujin said through the phone, dusting herself off before turning around as she remembered the bracelet that Yeji got for her. "Miss me already?"

"I'm not in the mood to miss you right now. The girls are in the restroom and I don't want to look like a loner so I called you."

"Everyone's already there?"

"Nope. Aside from you, Lia's still a few minutes away."

"Alright. I'll see you in a bit."

"Careful driving, okay?"

"Yes, Mom," Ryujin said playfully, chuckling when she heard Yeji's contagious laugh.

"I'll see you in a bit, Ryuddaeng."

To honor Yuna's recent ownership of the Auclair Architects, they decided to throw a party in a club since it had also been a while since they last visited one. Once the Challenger was in the proper condition to go, Ryujin headed out of the garage with I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys blasting from the speakers of her car.

A few days had already passed since the Christmas photoshoot and ever since, the only thing that occupied Ryujin's mind was the cat-eyed woman. It wasn't new to her, of course, but with the complete acknowledgment of how intense her feelings were for Yeji came with a looming fear at the edges of her heart. For days she felt like slowly riding a towering roller coaster, anxiously anticipating to reach the apex before the dramatic fall. Everything was just so profoundly good with Yeji that she could effortlessly make Ryujin believe that there was absolutely nothing she should worry about. Ryujin didn't deserve the bracelet around her wrist that bore the meaning of eternal light if Yeji was basically the epitome of its significance.

And along with this inconceivable lightness was the shadow of doubt that crawled around Ryujin's head, the constant whispering of her worries that everything good eventually came to an end. She wished she made the rules but it was the philosophy of life, the inevitable cycle, the fated weighing scale to maintain the balance. One couldn't simply be happy every single day in their life. Every once in a while they would hit a snag and get caught between a rock and a hard place.

It was just how the world worked.

So she decided that she should swallow the consternation before it could eat her alive and tell Yeji that she loved her while she still had the chance before the dreadful fall of the roller coaster came.

The club wasn't as crowded as Ryujin expected and it was a good thing. There was a high chance that she would end up throwing up if she was surrounded by people she barely knew when her brain was at the peak of its radioactive state. As usual, Ryujin found them on the second deck beside the floor to ceiling window. Yeji lifted her head from her phone as soon as Ryujin made her presence known, smiling up at her.

"What took you so long, man?" Lisa asked, standing up to give her a brief hug.

"You guys are just early," Ryujin said shortly, her eyes trained on the architect. Her heart danced along with the fast beat of the music bouncing off the walls of the club and before she could get lost in her favorite pair of feline eyes, she sat on the empty spot beside Lia. "What did I miss?"