56

Ryujin considered herself capable of shouldering the obligations of nephologists as she felt like she was one with the clouds for the past few days. She was certain that it was completely different from being on cloud nine as that would mean that she was in the state of being extremely happy. No, what she currently felt was beyond that.

When she was alone—which was a rare occasion now that she did the most that she could to be with her girlfriend—she had the time to process everything that was going on around her so she could avoid getting the illusion that it was nothing but a dream that would eventually come to an end. As much as she could, she gave herself undisturbed moments to let everything in and to basically feel what she felt, to let it seep through her bones, to have the memories she spent with Yeji become imprinted in her hippocampus. And it worked.

In her entire life, she had never felt anything unequivocally real and invigorating and tranquilizing all at once. Ryujin was fairly convinced that being with Yeji was the closest thing to heaven that existed, and to be one of the few people who was lucky enough to experience being graced by her mere presence was something that she still sometimes refused to believe. Despite being raised in a financially fortunate family, it was still her perseverance that allowed her to go as far as she did. She didn't rely much on luck as it wasn't something intangible nor certain, so she treasured her relationship with the architect and promised to protect it until her very last breath.

Being Yeji's girlfriend was like an astronomical event. It was as precious as moon phases and meteor showers, and just as rare as comets and total solar eclipses.

She decided Yeji was her favorite celestial event. The Queen of the Stars herself.

She was subconsciously thinking about it in particular while storing their fridge with food until she heard footsteps approaching. She didn't have to look to see who it was as she already memorized the difference between Chaeryeong and Yeji's rhythm when they took the stairs.

"What the fuck are you on again, Saint?" Chaeryeong asked, stepping in the kitchen and glaring at her. This time, she wasn't carrying anything with her. "It's literally six in the morning."

"How are you still not used to me coming to your house at such an ungodly hour?" Ryujin asked without looking at her. She was carefully organizing the vegetables she bought.

"You seriously have to stop waking me up like this."

"If it was my intention to wake you up, I'd be throwing these pots and pans all over the place, but no, I'm filling up your fridge with proper food," she said with her voice laced with sarcasm. "Peacefully."

"You can't keep doing this because I'll start thinking that it's always you doing shit in my house when someone could be robbing us already."

Grimacing, Ryujin stood up and closed the fridge before dusting her hand, completely ignoring her best friend's complaints. "How come you don't store fresh goods in here when the both of you earn enough salary to fill the stomachs of an entire nation?"

"We're not that rich and you know it."

"Aren't you? You should consider working in Bifrost. Take Lia for an example. She's going on a Europe cruise next month with half of my finance team. Completely free."

"Is this your way of bribing me?"

"Hey, I'm only giving you an option. An innocent suggestion."

"That's not what we're talking about here. I'm serious. You have to stop doing this," Chaeryeong said sternly, putting her hand up to stop her from interrupting. "It will not just be me being comfortable, thinking that it's always going to be you suddenly appearing in our house but you'll make your girlfriend have high expectations of you too. You start doing this, you need to be consistent about it."