38

Author's Note:

Apologies for the late update. I was fighting with my life to secure a seat to see the girls.

Anyway, thank you so much for waiting patiently!

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

If ramen could talk, they would definitely yell at Yeji to make her come back to her senses. The cat-eyed woman had been staring at the bowl of noodles for a few minutes now. It was already cold too.

The first snowfall came a few days ago. Normally, Yeji participated in the tradition by spending it surrounded by her friends. Sometimes they would share a few rounds of alcoholic beverages, sometimes they would simply watch it from the comfort of a friend's house while drinking a mug of hot chocolate. She used to do it with Soobin and Arin, but it was impossible to be in the same room with them without feeling like her head would get bitten off at any second. Chaeryeong was back to her tedious routine again and Yeji didn't want to bother her, so she sent Lia and Yuna a message, inviting the two with the option of eating and drinking. They chose the latter and before they ended the night, the three of them made a wish individually.

Yeji wished for Ryujin to acquire the serenity that she needed . . . even if it wasn't with her anymore.

As days passed, Yeji began accepting the fact that Ryujin might not actually be prepared for relationships and she wasn't the kind of person who would force somebody else to be with her because of how much she loved them already. It was torture. If Ryujin came to a conclusion and said that she wanted to completely stop whatever they had, she would understand and accept her decision sensibly.

It didn't mean it didn't hurt though.

It was probably a week or more since Yeji talked to Ryujin and since then it was radio silence again with her. She didn't want to lose hope but the idea of Ryujin being able to resist her for days was naturally discouraging. As much as she wanted to stay true to the promises she made, she didn't have plans of being a martyr. She had to think about herself too. Ryujin was starting to become a rose with the thorns wrapped around her neck and although she remained as a beautiful sight, it hurt like a bitch too.

Yeji underestimated the billionaire's stone cold heart and she was now a prisoner of its wrath. She didn't know why but there was still a flickering light of hope that pulled on her gut, telling her to hold out a little longer, to stay for another while. Perhaps it was only her optimism and it was the only thing that she had. She was already in pain.

Might as well make the most of it, right?

We might drift apart and fail as we let the tribulations of life split us apart but a portion of me will always remain faithful to you.

These words lingered in Yeji's mind as soon as they left Ryujin's mouth. That wasn't even a month ago yet it felt like decades since she heard it. Where was that now? Maybe words were simply her forte. She had the talent to manipulate people into believing them even if they were nothing but sweet nothings and empty promises.

Or it could be something else.

If my heart has grown to accept you and love you, there's no way I'll see you in a light without the passion that I had for you in the first place.

Maybe Ryujin just didn't love her enough or she just didn't see her that way. Based on what she did for Yeji for the past few months, it seemed like she tried to find significance in their relationship and now she was beginning to realize that it wasn't what she truly wanted. Yeji knew that the billionaire wasn't accustomed to anything remotely close to romantic relationships and she would understand if she was only confused and overwhelmed by her own feelings. If that was the case, she had to make a decision now.