21

Author's Note:

I sincerely hope you're prepared for this.
Take your time with this chapter and enjoy!

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

Weeks passed like they were sand passing the gaps between fingers. Days flew by as if they were dandelions gliding freely in the air with no one to follow orders from, without a single thing to worry about.

Ryujin envied dandelions.

Dandelions didn't have a brain to think, while Ryujin, on the other hand, had Yeji's voice circling around her mind as if they were restless ghosts trying to attain peace but couldn't.

Maybe it's because you've been so detached with your own feelings for such a long time that you barely know how to react to it.

She wasn't wrong.

What was more stressful was the possibility that she could have actually been into Ryujin but the billionaire was stubbornly in denial about it.

Because in Ryujin's convoluted head, there was no way in hell that someone so pure like Yeji could have felt the same thing for her. And the same thought ran in Ryujin's brain in an infinite loop since the day Yeji left.

Were those hints that the cat-eyed girl gave her? The amount of times that she willingly spent with Ryujin just to get her to enjoy the simple things in life to keep her away from the complexity of luxury for a while? The words she told her and made her feel like she actually cared for her as a human being? The meaningful looks that she gave her that led her to believe that she was understood in the same language?

Were they on the same page all this time?

She was definitely dense.

And dumb.

Yeji wouldn't have been so affected with the way she reacted with the feelings she was attempting to present to her if it didn't matter to her, right? Ryujin was a total idiot for not grasping these correctly earlier.

How could she? The past few days felt like an endless tornado. Her mind was all over the place from closing deals and making arrangements to give Auclair Architects a smooth transition to her ownership while attending meetings and handling issues in Bifrost. Not to mention that the second office was already in the process of development too. Nevertheless, Ryujin took this to her advantage and was more grateful that she had something to distract herself with instead of dealing with the thoughts of a particular cat-eyed woman. Being bombarded with work was better than suffering in her relentless concerns about what could have been with Yeji.

Chaeryeong threw a party for her birthday too but Ryujin wasn't able to make it since she had a flight to New York for Elizabeth's new project. She wasn't able to come home five days later and she offered to spend a day with Chaeryeong instead.

When she couldn't resist the straining of her back anymore, she leaned against her chair as she reached for her phone. It was only four in the afternoon yet she was already suffering from the pain on her back up to her nape. She could remember sitting on her desk right after working out and that was around eight in the morning.

Ryujin clutched her phone and stood up to stretch. She felt hungry. Yawning, Ryujin headed towards the pantry instead and her heart sank as soon as she saw the assortment of chips that Yeji liked. Since the architect left, the kitchen was the last area in her house that she spent her time in. It was the same place where she shared most of her memories with Yeji and she would rather not be reminded of them when her intention was to simply fill her rumbling stomach.