55

"Our house is this way," Yeji said reluctantly, tugging on the billionaire's sleeve.

"I saw a convenience store around."

"That's a first. You're the one initiating to go to a convenience store."

The couple stayed for a while at the playground after the sunrise until Yeji requested to go home as she was starving. The streets now were less empty compared to how they found it moments ago when the world was still asleep as most residents were just starting their day.

The cat-eyed woman kept Ryujin close, quietly holding onto her arm as they headed towards the store in question. The billionaire, on the other hand, was trying her best not to be overwhelmed by the charm of the simplicity that encompassed her. Before leaving Vancouver, she adapted a particular routine that usually revolved around work. If she wasn't in the office, she was attending online meetings, participating in photoshoots, taking calls and formulating systematic ideas. When she flew to Switzerland, she spent her days roaming around the village, visiting pubs and bars, and basically anything that helped keep her mind off of the architect. She wasn't used to being idle and having nothing on her plate to work on.

Now she was somewhere in Vancouver that she had never been to, savoring the morning breeze without melancholic notions wandering in her head. It was probably what people coined "Too good to be true," and instead of doubting what she felt, she allowed herself to fall into the innocent resplendence of an ordinary day as her hand was graced with the warmth of her girlfriend's grasp.

Girlfriend.

There was an irresistible stirring sensation in her stomach every time she thought about Yeji officially being her girlfriend now. She wondered if the architect felt the same way too.

Upon reaching the entrance of the store, Ryujin extended an arm and pulled the door open before waiting for Yeji to step in first. The cat-eyed woman giggled when she passed her, resembling a teenager who just saw her crush in the hallways of the school. Ryujin could only chuckle as she shook her head in amusement, following in her steps.

"What are you getting here anyway?" Yeji asked.

"Cat food."

"You have a cat now?"

"No."

Yeji frowned at her as confusion painted her face. "Then what do you need it for?"

"You'll see," Ryujin simply said with a sly smirk.

Yeji decided to split up and went the other way while Ryujin continued searching for the sole reason why they were there. After grabbing a bag of cat food and a few strips of cat treats, she sauntered back to the counter, abruptly stopping on her tracks when her eyes caught sight of a particular snack on the chocolate aisle. There was an entire assortment to choose from but the bars of Kinder Bueno already had her attention. It took her a while before she grinned proudly to herself, walking away and leaving only three packets on the rack before paying.

She was just taking her card back from the cashier when Yeji approached her side, her lips jutting out in a dramatic pout as her feline eyes scanned the counter.

"They only have three Kinder Buenos here," she said quietly in disappointment, sliding the chocolates towards the cashier.

Ryujin smiled as she held up the bag that she was holding, opening it for the architect to see. "Good thing I got most of them."

Yeji's face instantly lit up like a Christmas tree until her expression turned into a teasing Light Fury glare. "You should seriously stop flirting with me using my favorite food. My girlfriend won't hesitate to rough you up if she finds out. She's really good with martial arts. I'd be scared for my life if I were you."