^•ﻌ•^

This is it.

We've come a long way. I honestly didn't expect that it has been more than a year already since I published the first part of this book. I only realized when a friend asked me the other day.

First and foremost, I want to thank every single one of you. Even if you weren't here since day one, when I had this short period where I updated about every three days as I was so enthusiastic to share this story to everyone. Eventually, as you may have guessed, I came to a conclusion that it wasn't practical on my side since I started running out of drafts to publish and time was catching up to me, hence the beginning of Saturday updates. Although, I admit that there was a terrible amount of circumstances wherein I failed to publish a new chapter on time, and I'd like to apologize for these shortcomings. I really am grateful that you understood and waited still. Thank you for your patience. I don't want to make excuses for myself as these failures were my fault, but I think you deserve to know why I wasn't able to update according to schedule, especially recently.

It was around summer vacation last year when I started writing the first drafts for Dangers of a Saint. Obviously, I have more time in my hands to waste, along with these ideas that were constantly echoing in my head, which eventually led me to write once again, feeling like I would combust if I continued my days without an outlet. It was not until I got this job, and at first I was perfectly able to balance my time. However, even in a work from home setting, I found myself becoming more and more drained with everything that was going on—trying to keep my job, editing, writing, life in general.

There were days when I couldn't write. My brain would just go haywire and shut down, and soon enough I was just like an empty canvas in survival mode. Writer's block is my worst enemy. And then there were days when I had so much in my mind that I could barely put them into words, like sentences and phrases were just a giant swirl of mush in my head and they were all so jumbled up that I couldn't compose an entire paragraph to make sense of it for the life of me.

But then, despite these delays and tardiness, you still stuck around, ever so kind and supportive of what I do. These were the days when I relied so much on your feedback, your comments, your warm messages—these were the things that I desperately held onto. Reading your thoughts and feeling your sentiments was a breath of fresh air to me. Thanks to you I didn't feel like I was swimming in an endless stretch of a strange sea, alone and without direction. Saying that I wouldn't have made it without you would be a shameful understatement.

And since there aren't enough words to express how fortunate I am to have you, I'll start with thank you.

Thank you for walking through this emotional rollercoaster of a universe with me and for sticking through the darkest paths we had to endure. Thank you for always being my light of motivation, and for always telling me the nicest things. I hope that through these chapters that only we know, I was somehow able to comfort you and bring a new perception that you could utilize in the future for the purpose it may serve at your advantage. It really made me happy that we have our own language, our own set of phrases that mean a lot more, and some insiders jokes. Thank you for waiting. I genuinely appreciate you for taking the time to make it to this part.

This was Dangers of a Saint.

I'll see you in a bit!

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

Also, since it might take some time before I come back with another universe to share with you, would you like to keep in touch?

Allow me to listen to your thoughts and don't hesitate to message me at astralyeji on Twitter •ᴗ•

[why couldn't I find another way to say this without sounding so awkward ㅠㅠ]