8

"I have a question," Yeji said while Ryujin was packing up her laptop.

It took them an hour and a half to come into an agreement with the arrangements and details regarding the new Bifrost building. Ryujin was relieved that Yeji understood her preferences more than she did. All her ideas weren't as specific as she intended it to be but somehow Yeji managed to fill in the gaps for her.

When Ryujin focused her attention on her, Yeji continued, "Did your previous . . . architects went through the same thing? You know, living in your own house."

"Yes. I also had a few people from Bifrost stay at the penthouse with me before," Ryujin said openly with the intention of making things clearer for Yeji. "During the process of developing a game, I'd require them to live with me for a particular time—sometimes for a few weeks, sometimes for months. I would've had you work in the Bifrost building in Downtown but that would require me being there as well, which beats the entire purpose of having this new office done."

"Isn't Downtown only less than half an hour away from here?"

"I had this house built because I prefer working here, away from the noise of the city, where I can have better focus. That's why it's a pretty remote area," Ryujin said, remembering Yeji's words last night.

"That totally makes sense." Yeji nodded and Ryujin thought she was done until she opened her mouth again. "Final question."

"Yes, Ms. Marshall?"

"Are you sure that all my expenses will be covered? I don't mean to be rude but you're already paying me a lot and I still get to practically live here like it's my own and it's just too good to be true that even the food and electricity are on you."

Ryujin couldn't help but smirk. "As far as I can remember you've decided that I have a rich ass."

Yeji suddenly found the intricate bookshelf against the wall on her left interesting, subtly clearing her throat before meeting Ryujin's awaiting gaze. "That's . . . true."

Ryujin studied Yeji for a while, oddly enjoying how awkward she became. However, she chose to ease off of Yeji on her first day.

"Use the remaining hours to be familiar with the house. Your actual first day will begin tomorrow so I won't require you to stay for the entire afternoon. You may leave after lunch." Taking her laptop and iPad under her arm, Ryujin stood up and faced Yeji. "However, I suggest that you wait for the rain to subside. You're also welcome to stay for the night if that's what you prefer. I'll get you another set of clothes."

Yeji stood up as well, suddenly feeling conscious. "No, that's okay. The rain will probably stop by lunchtime."

Contrary to Yeji's belief, the rain, in fact, didn't stop until the break of dawn. For the rest of the day, she went around the house as she was told, unable to find anything to do that was as interesting as giving herself a tour. The bathrooms were already divine—the comfort of the luxury showers along with its aesthetic glass walls and neat structure—yet there was so much more to see. She discovered that Ryujin's house was unquestionably a mansion. It had three pools—in the front yard, the backyard, and indoor, surrounded by window walls that provided a generous view of the mystifying forest. It also had a massive futuristic game room with quality seats, impressive lighting, and a spectrum of advanced gadgets. Yeji guessed that it was probably Ryujin's favorite room in the house.

Aside from the bedrooms on the second floor, there was also a gym, and a lounge area situated by a four-sided glass fireplace with a first-class bar station on the corner of the spacious room. There were more bedrooms aside from the ones Yeji had already been into—hers and Ryujin's—and she assumed those were dedicated for future guests. Under the backyard infinity pool was the garage that could fit at least ten cars. Yeji had been there a while ago and her Triumph Thruxton stood beside Ryujin's Challenger. For a moment, Yeji felt as if she was in a hotel and not a house but as an architect, she understood the touch of luxury considering Ryujin's social status.