68

Author's Note:

Hello /ᐠ .ᆺ. ᐟ\ノ

I sincerely hope that you're doing well ⋆。°✩

Once again, I can never thank you enough for your patience and for being here still. I'm truly sorry that it had to take this long and you felt abandoned for a while.

I hope you take the time reading this and take everything in. I guess it's only fair to tell you now, early at this point, that it is not the end yet. I've given you too much to think about in the past already, and I owe it to you to provide a healthy headspace before starting with this chapter. It's also the least that I could do for taking a break.

Either way, I suggest you find a comfortable spot to read, cover yourself in a thick blanket with a warm mug of hot chocolate, and get lost in this universe with me once more.

Enjoy.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

Ryujin smiled to herself in satisfaction, immensely satisfied with the way she plated the breakfast she prepared on her own.

Her girlfriend was yet to wake up and she didn't really mind as she was the perpetrator of the architect's enervation. The night prior was quite eventful for the couple. Ryujin reckoned that it was a significant moment for the both of them since it was their first time celebrating New Year together and they should lushly welcome the new beginning by deliberately taking their time to remember every second until the countdown and after, which they happily did. They fell asleep around five in the morning yet Ryujin still woke up three hours later by nature. Besides, she couldn't blame the cat-eyed woman for leisurely enjoying her sleeping hours as they were practically in the midst of a sea of a dreamy mist, their spacious room appearing as if it was the entrance to heaven.

Since they spent Christmas with their friends in the magical city of Denmark, Copenhagen, Ryujin suggested their first official destination as Dubai. The plan was to stay in a country or city for as long as Yeji desired before picking their next destination alternately. It took a while to convince Yeji into agreeing with her idea but eventually, she managed to get her to comply with the condition of letting her pay for their meals since she knew that she would shoulder the entirety of their expenses—taxes, flights, accommodations, hotels. Everything.

And Yeji was always vocal about her opposition towards her habit of spending extravagantly for her so she already knew they weren't going anywhere if she refused to accept the architect's bargain.

It was a small price to pay, seeing that Ryujin had it all figured out already. As long as she was able to keep Yeji in the dark while she was discreetly playing out the course she prepared with Chaeryeong and Lisa for weeks, she could sleep peacefully at night knowing that she didn't have anything else to worry about. The only concern that she had in mind was her ability—or lack thereof—to act normal in front of her girlfriend, which was yet to be tested as they were barely starting their riveting tour. Ryujin already had the list of the places that she wanted to take her girlfriend to. What made it thrilling was Yeji's selections since the girl was known for her infamous behavior of blowing hot and cold.

During the early days of January, the 154th floor of Burj Khalifa was a magnificent spot to be in as the clouds kissed the city, embracing the skyscrapers with grace and creating a tantalizing universe of frothy clouds. After pulling all the blinds open, she gazed at the enormous sight of the entire city sunken in the bed of cottony haze with only a number of prodigious towers shooting out with their apexes. Taking a final look from the table with their awaiting breakfast along with her handwritten letter for the day, she ensured that everything was in place before heading towards the bedroom, elated that she was finally going to wake her up and hear her euphonic voice again. Yeji's voice was always tenfold hotter in the morning.