42

"Roasted Okinawa for Yeji?"

The cat-eyed woman's head perked up as soon as she heard her name being called, standing up to claim her drink. After getting her tea, she went back to her seat with a satisfied smile as she faced her laptop's screen. It had been days since she last talked to Yuna. The younger one advised her to simply give Ryujin the space that she needed and resist her requests since her absence would most likely cause panic to the billionaire and pull her out of her shell. The idea of Ryujin not being able to completely cut ties with her was a good sign and they decided to use it to her advantage.

And it worked. Well, more or less.

It wasn't a huge improvement but Ryujin was more responsive with her now instead of just leaving her messages unread. Yeji was yet to approach her and open about the matters that they had to discuss together. She was still testing the waters, afraid that she could drive the billionaire away again if she pushed too far.

Yeji sat in the corner of the same boba tea shop she visited with Ryujin when they bought clothes for Elizabeth's ball. Speaking of which, the older woman sent her an email, telling her how much she wanted to have her in another photoshoot but this time without Ryujin. Yeji had been reading the invitation over and over again as she still lacked confidence in doing a solo photoshoot gig. The email came with a notification that Elizabeth sent a few packages over to her house and Yeji focused on that more. After composing a reply to Elizabeth, stating that she would update her about her availability, and expressing her gratitude for the gifts, she went back to work.

It was a Saturday and normally, she would be on her way to Ryujin's house at that particular hour, but she refused to meet with her today despite the billionaire's incessant demands the night prior. Ryujin was still asking her to come over that morning, saying that she wanted to talk, but she knew better and instead of falling for her tricks again, she told her that she would be occupied for the day.

She really wasn't but she needed to distract herself from the billionaire to be able to withstand the urge to see her, so she decided to go out and get herself some boba tea with her laptop, browsing through the internet to gather innovative ideas for her new project. Despite being stuck in a desolating routine with Ryujin, opportunities were looking up at work. Yuna mentioned to her how most clients were specifically asking for her. If only her body didn't require time to rest and sleep, she would have taken all those projects to finish. However, she still accepted as much as she could and although she was happy that she had a lot to work on, she ran out of ideas every once in a while.

She was just about to pull another tab when the door of the shop swung open, her eyes slightly widening upon seeing who it was. Although she sat on the table at the farthest back, it was right across the door and the store wasn't even packed so he didn't miss it when she saw him.

"Hey," Jaehyun said as he approached, tugging his hoodie off and messing with his hair. "It's good to see you here."

"I didn't even know you're aware this place existed," Yeji said with a chuckle.

"I actually didn't until I started craving hot tea." Jaehyun shrugged, slightly shivering due to the cold. "Are you a regular here?"

"I guess you can say that. It's been a while since I've been here though."

"Oh . . . is there anything you can suggest for a newbie?"

Yeji hummed as she thought of the menu. "You could literally get anything from here and you still won't be disappointed. Maybe a simple black tea?"

Jaehyun smiled, nodding in approval. "I'm making you pay for my drink if it tastes horrible."

"Double the price instead if it passes your taste." Yeji watched as he walked towards the counter, becoming conscious of the smile making its way to her lips.