23

In contrast to her previous months, September was quite eventful for Ryujin. And by that, she literally meant eventful.

Parties were thrown here and there. Invitations to her came like a waterfall and she only declined when she couldn't feel anything anymore . . . which never happened since Yeji occupied her mind 24/7—even in her sleep—which was why she kept accepting them and had fun every single night. Keeping herself busy with work couldn't keep her distracted enough so she found a different outlet.

There were parties she spent with her friends and some on her own. Chaeryeong always told them if she was bringing Yeji along so it became an easy task for Ryujin to decide which parties she would go with them and the ones she would have to create an excuse for so she wouldn't see the cat-eyed woman. Fortunately, they weren't suspicious about her evading tactics.

Opposed to what she expected, they actually celebrated how she broke out of her tedious routine. When the news reached Chaeryeong, she was supportive of it although she still advised the billionaire to keep an eye out for her health. She knew her tolerance for alcohol could be quite concerning than average people and if her intention was to get drunk, she would need more than just an Amaretto Sour. Perhaps Ryujin had managed to master the art of pretending and it worked faultlessly even with the people who knew her best.

Ryujin fished her phone out of her pocket to check the time, passing a group of people greeting her. She gave them a courteous nod and continued her way to the exit of the building where the gaming convention was held. It was five minutes past nine in the evening and she felt a rush upon the idea of getting alcohol in her system again. She began ringing Lisa after finding her name from her contacts.

"Yo."

"Solar is still up for tonight, isn't it?"

"I don't know, man. I got pretty hammered last night. I can barely move my legs."

"Are you a lightweight now?"

Lisa chuckled. "Yuna's probably down to go with you. I'll pass tonight. I'll see you tomorrow, Ryu."

"Bye, weak ass bitch."

"Fuck you."

Once she hung up, she dialed the youngest next and she already made it back to the Volante when she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Is your phone at the bottom of the ocean or what?"

"I'm working, Ryu. I'm here at the Auclair building."

"Come with me at Solar. I'll pick you up."

"I can't tonight. Work's been piling up since we've been partying a lot recently. I should get this all done first."

"Why are you all bailing on me on the same day?"

"Lisa's not going too?"

"She said her legs aren't working. I'm gonna make sure it's permanent the next time I see her."

"You're too brutal. You definitely need a drink."

"Right."

"Well, if Lisa's not going, Jennie probably isn't too. What about Ryeong?"

Ryujin tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, puckering her lips in deep thought. Chaeryeong was already out of the question since her sister would most likely be tagging along if she knew that it was only going to be the two of them but she didn't want to tell Yuna about that.

"The girl has her face glued on her computer. It's fine. At least no one's forcing me to dance tonight."

"Don't be so sure about that," Yuna said in a teasing tone, causing Ryujin to scoff.