60

Days passed in a blur for the couple.

As much as she could, Ryujin tried to remember all the details in every moment she spent with her girlfriend. Ever since the billboard project, Yeji seemed to be more at ease around her without the shadow of her anxiety whispering in her ear that told her that she was going to lose Ryujin in due course. This didn't happen overnight though and instead of seeing it as a heavy obligation, the billionaire chose to look at it as a role that she had to fulfill to help Yeji go through her setbacks. Through hell and back wasn't just an empty phrase that they said to each other for what seemed like an eternity ago. It was a solemn promise that Ryujin was ardent to honor along with the thousand vows that she was going to live up to as she chose to do right by Yeji until her final hours.

Along with this task, correspondingly, was the ability to swiftly match Yeji's energy. Ryujin thought that they were past the "getting to know each other" phase but as they stepped towards a more intimate relationship and acquired an immeasurable comfort with each other, she should've known better and expected to see more of Yeji's underlying characteristics—more like multiple personalities. There would be days when Ryujin would feel like she was back to the time when Yeji was still her architect with a soul of a five-year-old kid who personally made it her life's purpose to annoy the living hell out of her, and then the next second the cat-eyed woman would enter her room wearing her oversized hoodie over her underwear while she was in the middle of a meeting, acting all innocent and angelic although she knew that she had the devil in her mind as she would attempt to seduce her. Sometimes, Yeji was like a koala who couldn't last at least a minute without being in her arms. Sometimes, she was Light Fury in all her glory, pouty and sulky as she longed for Ryujin's attention, and sometimes, she was just being the unapologetic Yeji who couldn't—and wouldn't—keep her hands off of her even if she was evidently occupied with something else.

Every single day Ryujin woke up, she had no idea which Yeji she was going to have as a girlfriend. It was fun though. She found it thrilling, like she was playing Russian roulette with God and Satan.

On a random Tuesday morning, while she was working out after taking a run, she was greeted by the five-year-old kid happily residing inside Yeji's body. She was just about to finish her set of push-ups when she heard the cat-eyed woman come in, her footsteps getting closer until she felt a weight on her back as she practically decided to sit on top of her. Unaware of what Yeji was aiming for at the moment, Ryujin held her position before tilting her head to get a glimpse of her girlfriend.

"Yeddeong, I'm working out," she said.

"I know," the architect simply said, looking at her with her puffy feline eyes as they were still fresh from sleep. "Me too."

"By sitting on top of me," she said as a matter of fact.

Yeji nonchalantly hummed in agreement. "I'm exercising my butt. Do you want my ass to be flat?"

Furrowing her brows, Ryujin began to think of the actual process required to get a more curvaceous ass and she was pretty sure that it didn't work that way. But it was Yeji and most of the time, the things that absolutely made no sense sounded a lot reasonable when they came from her mouth. It was her talent.

"Baby, I don't think that works that way," she said nonetheless as she began to feel her core tremble.

"Why are you shaking? Am I heavy?"

"Definitely not," she said, focusing on keeping her arms up instead of her faltering strength. "Though I would appreciate it if you prefer to find an actual seat that you can sit on."

"But weren't you the one who told me to sit on your face last night? Why are you complaining now?" Yeji said brazenly, even lowering herself until half of her body was lying on top of her. "Besides, I like it here. Your tattoos are really pretty to look at."