26

"Can you tilt your head a little to the right?"

Ryujin did as she was told, making sure to showcase her sharply defined jawline. The shutter went off every second and she made various poses, allowing her body to move freely along with the flow of the music that was blasting from the speakers. Over the weekends, Ryujin participated in photoshoots. Some of them were for Elizabeth's company while some were for Bifrost's promotion. Sometimes it was filming for interviews. Today, however, she was assigned to Crown, which was Elizabeth's sportswear clothing line.

"Alright, that's great. Winter sport fashion is over. We're moving to the running gears," one of the directors said before Ryujin was ushered to the changing room.

Moments later, she found herself standing beside another woman as the both of them had matching outfits. Although Ryujin was wearing a sports bra paired with shorts and the other woman had sleeves and pants, the shades of their clothing contrasted each other perfectly.

"Move a little closer to each other please."

Modeling often involved particular poses with other people to show the art of chemistry and connection to provide an aesthetically pleasing appearance for the clothes and the models themselves. The first time Elizabeth had Ryujin for a photoshoot, she was impressed by her facial expressions and how she managed to flawlessly furnish it with the requirements for the style she carried. Since then, Elizabeth asked her to continue modeling for her.

Her positive response motivated Ryujin and over the years, she eventually became comfortable with any kind of outfit that they had for her. No matter what theme it was, Ryujin made sure to nail every photoshoot so it wasn't an issue to act with other models in the process of it all.

"Okay, let's call it a wrap, everybody. Thank you all so much for your hard work."

Personnels and models cheered around but Ryujin was already halfway to her designated room, eager to go home in hopes to see Yeji. The cat-eyed woman didn't say anything about her coming over for tonight but it was Saturday and weekends also meant seeing each other after a week of being separated due to their responsibilities with their respective jobs.

After pressing the ground floor button, Ryujin clutched the strap of her duffel bag and adjusted it on her shoulder. The door was just about to close when the same woman that was partnered earlier with her came rushing, screaming for her to hold the door. Ryujin quickly did as she was told and waited for the woman to safely step in.

"Thanks," she said, panting after the sprint she just did.

Ryujin only nodded, eyeing the small panel above the doors as it closed.

"I'm Heejin," the woman said once more, this time earning her attention. She didn't want to be rude. They worked together after all. "I'm not sure if you already know."

"I certainly do now," Ryujin said with a light chuckle.

They were from the 36th floor of the building. It would take a while to endure the conversation since it was only the two of them. She couldn't say that holding the door open for her was the right option now.

"I actually ran after you to invite you to this party the other models are going to," Heejin said, her voice kind and hopeful. "It's just a few minutes away from here."

Ryujin faced her completely and took a good look at her. She had short wavy ash blond hair, gentle features, and two moles on her face. She was beautiful, and the gaze she was giving her was almost identical to the ones that she received multiple times from people who wanted to ask her out.

Ryujin just wanted to go home and be annoyed by Yeji.

"I'll have to decline," Ryujin said as politely as she could, offering Heejin a small smile. "I have commitments for tonight. I hope you enjoy the party though."