28

Author's Note:

Did you have a good sleep?

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚˚。⋆

"Miss Kingston, we're here."

Ryujin woke up with a start.

Beads of cold sweat formed around her face, her mind was racing along with her heart, and it took her a while to recognize where she was. She let her eyes become familiar with her surroundings. She was nowhere near Chaeryeong's house, Yeji wasn't around, and the cabin attendant was looking at her as if she had just lost her mind. And she probably did.

It was a dream.

It was just a fucking dream.

"Fuck," Ryujin said just above her breath as she put her head in her hands.

"Are you okay, Miss Kingston?" the cabin attendant asked, taking a cautious step towards her. "Are you feeling sick?"

"No. I'm fine," Ryujin said, waving her hand dismissively. Her head was pounding. "I just need a few seconds."

"You can take as much time as you need. We'll have the suitcases taken to your car."

Ryujin gritted her teeth, trying to put the images of her dream in flames as it brought a painful clenching sensation in her chest. It wasn't a dream. It was a fucking nightmare.

Seeing her worst nightmare, which wasn't too impossible to happen in reality, made it more horrible than it already was. Her insecurities began to eat at her the moment she let her thoughts in and it became difficult to resist. Yeji could be described by every positive definition in the dictionary. She possessed all words synonymous to kindness and beauty that ever existed, and it wasn't a bad thing. It just meant that every living being with the ability of rational thinking would doubtlessly fall for her.

Yeji was the type of person who could practically get anybody she wanted and it made Ryujin feel small. It made her question her own worth. Of all people being head over heels for her, why would Yeji choose someone who perceived love as a sin?

Out of all of them who was more than willing, and openly showed her that they were sure of her, why would Yeji pick the one who was still drowning in traumas and flaws that needed a lot of fixing?

Nothing was making sense.

No, she couldn't flake out on Yeji. They made a promise. She made a promise.

Ryujin felt under water but tried to regain focus. Sure, she probably wasn't the best out there and she had a lot of issues to work on, but despite it all, Yeji still chose her.

And that was all that mattered.

Yeji embraced her darkness, accepted her flaws, faced the demons with her. In Ryujin's mind, she was all terrible things in the dictionary, yet Yeji found the light in her and translated her soul as the brightest star. Because despite her grotesque idea of herself, Yeji found beauty in the broken pieces that built her and she made it clear and made her feel that she was dedicated to wait for her no matter how long it took. In Yeji's eyes, she was worth it. Ryujin just had to believe it the way she did.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. With a slightly trembling hand, Ryujin took a deep breath to regain her composure while reaching for the device. It was a message from Yeji.

With a single sentence, everything Ryujin worried about was gone with the wind.