37

Yeji scowled at the finished project on her monitor, irritated by the fact that she had been working on the same structure for hours yet nothing seemed to match. She could bet her life that if she showed her output to her Yuna, she would instantly think that it was made by a high school student and not by a professional architect.

"Fuck this," she hissed, pushing her chair backwards with more force than necessary.

It had been three days since she last talked to Ryujin and under normal circumstances, it wouldn't frustrate her as much since they were supposed to be used to each other's temporary absence by now but something about their dynamic changed. She couldn't point out exactly what but there was definitely a shift in Ryujin's behavior. And it was getting on her nerves.

After her dinner with Chaeryeong, Ryujin only sent her a message, saying that she would be occupied with multiple meetings for days. She didn't want to be clingy and only sent her messages in the morning and before going to sleep but she still got no reply from the billionaire, much less getting her texts opened. Yeji understood that their routine of seeing each other often would eventually come to an end but she didn't expect it to feel this strange. Even with Ryujin's commitment to work, she always sent Yeji short messages every once in a while. It was a small gesture that Yeji became used to as it also made her feel that Ryujin was still thinking about her despite her hectic schedule. But now it was just radio silent. No calls, no texts, no updates. Nothing. For three fucking days.

Yeji sighed as she headed towards the kitchen of their office to get some coffee, coming up with various reasons to make sense of the billionaire's uncharacteristic manner recently. Perhaps this was the side of Ryujin that she hadn't seen yet. Before working for her, she didn't know how assiduous the woman was. Only that she wouldn't mind facing her computer until the break of dawn. Maybe it was just different when she had to attend conferences for consecutive days.

She began to ponder about paying her a surprise visit. Would she even be at home?

Yeji instantly shut the idea down, getting the impression that Ryujin wasn't the type who enjoyed surprises as much as she did. Her fingers instinctively reached for the necklace hanging on her neck as she was reminded of the day they first met. She could still remember the impact of Ryujin's car, and how she felt like she was entering the gates of heaven upon seeing the billionaire's staggering face.

Yeji didn't think she told Ryujin about what she had in mind that time. Although lying on the concrete with a throbbing head, Yeji found her highly attractive and she actually didn't mind it was her that she got into an accident with. However, Ryujin's arrogant aura the next day turned her off. Not to mention that her problems were piling up on her plate and it made her perception ugly for just about everything around her. So when she was faced with Ryujin's warm altruism, she didn't stop herself from wanting to get to know her better. Ryujin was like a nearby planet. Although her knowledge was limited about her, her beauty was enough to lure her in, along with the potential that she possessed. Yeji looked like a cat and she was just as curious. Ryujin was her favorite subject and she couldn't stop herself from studying her even if she wanted to.

But right now she felt like a drifting planet, slowly becoming distant . . . cold.

"It's only been three days, Yeji," she said to herself, her voice just above her breath, followed by a curse when she saw Soobin in the kitchen. Great.

Before she could even pretend that she didn't see him, Soobin was already smiling at her and she was left with no choice but to return the gesture. Ever since their awkward situation, Yeji opted to put some distance between them, trying to avoid further complications. Fortunately, Soobin understood that it was necessary since she also told him that she couldn't accept his feelings, but he still striked a casual conversation with her from time to time. Yeji didn't mind. It was mostly harmless. She wasn't in the mood to talk to him today though. She was missing Ryujin too much.