71

Author's Note:

Terribly sorry for the delay. Something came up ㅠㅠ

Here's a new chapter to read to pass time while waiting for None of My Business (my favorite as of now anw) •ᴗ•

Enjoy!

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

The ticket that Lia got was horrendously worth thrice the original price but it didn't matter to Ryujin, and it wasn't because she had more money to spend but she knew she couldn't risk missing those tickets—front fucking row tickets. Although it was only the second nearest section to the stage, Ryujin was grateful to Lia for acquiring the tickets for them as she had been worrying about not being able to bring the cat-eyed woman to a concert that she badly wanted them to see together. She understood that getting concert tickets for famous artists was like getting blood out of a stone so she promised Lia a raise by the end of the month due to her irrefutable enthusiasm, keeping in mind that the secretary deserved it too for being patient and considerate with her.

It was only a matter of telling Yeji about it.

It was a mystery why she felt somewhat nervous. It wasn't her first concert with Yeji either but she felt a lot more sentimental than she did when they went to see Ed Sheeran and she couldn't help but to relieve the moments that they made that night, beginning an entire trip down memory lane as if it was only yesterday. Perhaps that was it. It reminded her so much of their first time, when she was still bound to the chains of her despair, her demons keeping her from establishing any attachment with other people that she chose to push Yeji away when she opened up about the feelings she had for her. After Karina, it was probably the first time she experienced a tormenting heartache. Not only was she lost in a spiral of conflict but it was also the first time she saw pain in Yeji's face, only worse as she was the one who inflicted it upon her.

"Coffee, love?"

Ryujin subtly shook her head as she was pulled out of her train of thoughts upon hearing her girlfriend's voice emerge from behind.

"Arms up," Yeji added and Ryujin did as she was told.

The billionaire smiled upon seeing the mug slowly making its entrance in front of her as her girlfriend held it with one hand while having her arms around her waist. After taking the mug in her own hands, she felt Yeji place her chin above her shoulder, giving her a hug from behind that was as warm as the coffee she made.

"Good morning, Yeddeong." Ryujin tilted her head to plant an endearing kiss on the architect's temple before taking a sip from her mug. "That hits the spot."

It was a rainy morning in New York and although it brought disturbance to everyone's day as showers made going around the city more arduous, she couldn't deny the allure that it brought, especially when their view was through the window walls of the penthouse with a generous scenery of the Central Park along with its neighboring skyscrapers that provided a charming cityscape. Lines of lightning illuminated the thick clouds looming over the city, branching out like lustrous twigs of death.

"They often say that winning a lottery is much more likely to happen than getting struck by lightning," Ryujin said, breaking the silence between them. "With that context in mind, if you get hit, does it make you lucky or unfortunate?"

"It depends." Yeji drew herself closer, humming as their bodies melted into each other. "The fatality rate of lightning strike accidents is surprisingly ten percent only. If you belong to those masochists who prefer living their entire lives with disabilities then I guess you could say that you're lucky to belong to the ninety percent of the people who survived lightning strikes."