62

Ryujin groaned as she straightened her back after slouching for over half an hour already. Casting a glance to her left, she couldn't help but smile at the sight of her girlfriend as she had her lips slightly puckered in deep concentration while her slanted eyes were as sharp as an eagle's, moving across the canvas with every stroke that her hand made.

"No, cheating, Ryooger," Yeji said without even looking at her. "Can you hurry up with the black?"

Truthfully, Ryujin didn't get how she was being accused of cheating when their task at hand was to literally sketch a portrait of each other. She was painting an image of Yeji, Yeji was drawing Minato, and Minato was drawing her. The activity was the cat-eyed woman's idea and Ryujin was sure that she did it on purpose since art was naturally her forte.

"Don't you have your own black?" Ryujin shot back childishly, pulling the paint away from her reach.

Yeji frowned at her. "I gave mine to Minato. Let me have yours."

"I'm still using it."

"But I just need a little."

"No, you're going to take the entire thing and I'm barely finished with mine—"

"Here," Minato suddenly said as he handed back Yeji's black paint, cutting them off before they could begin another round of frivolous bickering.

He was probably done with the couple's behavior and they were barely halfway through their day together.

Ryujin happily continued her craft, casting a glance from the cat-eyed woman every once in a while so she would get the details accurately. Not even a second later, she began getting lost in Yeji's enchanting features as if it was the first time that her eyes ever landed on them.

It was mesmerizing, and puzzling at the same time, how Ryujin remained defenseless against Yeji's stellar beauty no matter how long they had already spent together. It was probably one of the greatest mysteries of the world that she would perish trying to figure out, so she chose to let it go with delectation.

Hyde Park was more peaceful than she expected it to be. They sat on a comfortable mat beneath the rows of London Plane trees, their shadows essentially creating a shade over their spot, keeping them hidden from Mrs. Sun's scorching heat, which ideally contrasted the gradually dropping temperature in Mayfair. With the wind getting colder as winter slowly approached, most people were clad in coats and fur jackets to keep themselves warm, while Ryujin was casually wearing a plain white shirt underneath a leather jacket that was finished with brown square pants and a pair of Doc Martens. Meanwhile, Yeji had a brown leather jacket over a black turtleneck, loose jeans, and the same Doc Martens. Ever since the couple acquired a talent in coordinating outfits, they continued doing it every time they went out.

"That's an awfully big scar," Minato said, pointing at the back of Ryujin's hand. "They said big scars usually have a cool story. Where did you get it from?"

Ryujin's jaw tensed up at the recollection of the night she gained one of the largest wounds that she had in her entire life. Although it felt like it was forever ago ever since it happened, the flashbacks came raw to her like it was only yesterday.

"Usually," Ryujin said instead, swallowing the lump in her throat. "However, there are also scars that serve as a reminder of your mistakes. Personally, you wouldn't call them cool as they might come off as hideous to you, but eventually, you'll come to a realization that they're the kind of scars that simply tells you that you're just human too. Sometimes, you can't help but feel things too much."

"So . . . it's self-inflicted," Minato said cautiously.

The billionaire could feel her girlfriend's gaze on them but chose to pretend she didn't notice and nodded. She trusted that her brother was the type of kid who had wisdom beyond his generation. He would understand.