33

Ryujin didn't know what to do for days.

In the process of building Bifrost, it was crucial to have a highly organized and constructive approach in particular matters. Ryujin ensured that every single thing was monitored thoroughly until she was satisfied with the details that seemed to have gone through a microscope. She knew everyone in their team, how efficient they were, and the areas they lacked. With enough knowledge about their talents and shortcomings, she knew exactly where to put them. It was essential to have a balanced schedule for her daily activities as well. It helped her keep track of time and shaped her to be more productive in all aspects without sacrificing her resting hours. As she remained consistent with these healthy practices, she didn't only succeed at developing a thriving company of her own but she also maintained control in everything that she did.

It was the complete opposite of what she was experiencing now with her latest discovery as she didn't have a single clue on what to do next.

She loved Yeji.

There was no allotted time for falling in love in her books. It was almost embarrassing how she had such limited knowledge about it aside from the fact that she could bet her existence on it and say that what she felt was real. Her entire life, every decision she made always had that tiny room for debate, a space to doubt what she did, but right now the certainty she felt was beyond any truth that she knew.

Her heart was proudly beating for Yeji but her mind spun endlessly at the thought of it. The overwhelming sensation she felt was out of this world, thousands of queries swarming in her mind like an entire colony of bees searching for their queen.

Should Ryujin tell her? Was confession even necessary? But she didn't want to scare Yeji off. She didn't know how she should approach the situation and the rising insecurity in her chest as she thought of how she absolutely lacked experience in the relationship domain began clouding her judgment. It was one of the ugliest downsides of being involved in a private relationship. Ryujin didn't have anybody to ask about how it worked or someone to get worthwhile advice from because it would mean exposing what she had with Yeji.

Fuck. Even the mere thought of her name felt like electrocution in her stomach. The beautiful kind. Suddenly she was smiling like an idiot, randomly reminiscing the way she kissed her, and how she had the right to do so, and how it was only her who was allowed to do it.

She should focus on what actually mattered.

Did Yeji even feel the same way? It had only been months. Was it possible to feel such passion towards someone within that period of time? What if Yeji was only into her but not quite intensely as she already was? What if they weren't on the same page and she completely misread everything between them? What if Yeji wasn't ready for commitment yet? Because if Yeji felt the same way, she should've told her already that she loved her, right?

It only occured to Ryujin that even if she always felt that Yeji was willing to dive headfirst for their relationship, the cat-eyed woman actually hadn't dropped the three significant words yet. And sure, they were just that, words, but weren't they like the seal to a promise? A knot to a vow?

Why did that sound like she was already worrying about marriage?

"Oh, fuck me," Ryujin said irritatedly, groaning before putting her head in her hands.

"I'm sorry? Did I say something wrong?"

Ryujin froze at the sound of the voice coming from the desktop in front of her. Right. She was still the middle of a fucking meeting for the discussion of the Asian reports regarding their latest release and yet there she was, daydreaming as if she was simply in high school.