18

"Saint, I am well informed how fucking rich you are and you sometimes get bored and spend your money on the weirdest shit out there but I'm not letting you pay for everything," Chaeryeong said as she was sat across from Ryujin, who was looking at her with uninterested eyes. "For once, I'm actually doing something for my sister that I haven't seen for years. Don't steal my spotlight, okay?"

"You're exaggerating," Ryujin said, her arms folded against her chest. "I merely asked if you want me to share the expenses for your stupid surprise."

Chaeryeong's eyebrows came together. "Why do you even want to pay for Yeji's birthday party?"

"Because I have a lot of money." Ryujin smirked as she watched Chaeryeong roll her eyes.

"You're so fucking arrogant."

"Can you two stop and focus on what's important now?" Yuna said from beside Chaeryeong, sighing deeply.

"Don't accept any type of appointment for Thursday. Make sure that I'm free of any commitments," Ryujin said to Lia, who was quietly taking down notes on her iPad.

Chaeryeong sent a message to their group chat about an hour ago, asking for them to meet up to talk about the surprise that she was planning for Yeji's approaching birthday. She needed their suggestions and help with everything to pull it off smoothly and discussing it in person was better than talking through their devices. It was the first time she was celebrating with them and Chaeryeong wanted it to be memorable. They all agreed except for Lisa, who simply said that she was busy, and Jennie, who had an important conference to attend. Ryujin brought Lia with her to handle the organization of what they would decide on.

Coincidentally, the four of them ended up in the same boba tea shop that Ryujin and Yeji visited before. Ryujin felt like it was only yesterday and images of the cat-eyed woman popped up in her head every once in a while.

"Order for Miss Chaeryeong?"

They all looked at the counter and the woman in question was about to stand up when Lia stopped her.

"I'll get it," she said, leaving the three of them.

"Do you already have a vision for the venue?" Yuna asked, craning her neck to look at Chaeryeong. "You should also consider the number of guests so we can start looking for an appropriate place."

Ryujin debated whether to worry about the dark bags under Yuna's eyes and the tired expression on her face. The youngest usually had a vibrant disposition and wore an outfit that could pass any fashion show but today, it seemed as if she would rather stay in bed for the entire week. She still had makeup on but it was more toned down than what she normally put on and she wore baggy jogging pants paired with an oversized hoodie as sunglasses sat on her head. Yes, it was definitely Ryujin's first time seeing Yuna underdressed. It wasn't like her.

"I don't know any of her friends aside from us so it's more likely going to be a simple but intimate birthday party," Chaeryeong said, breaking Ryujin's train of thoughts. "I'm also thinking of a more relaxing vibe for the venue—like a park or something."

Lia came back with their drinks and Ryujin hesitantly took the one that she ordered. It was Roasted Okinawa, the flavor that Yeji once asked her to try but she refused. In Ryujin's defense, she was only curious how it tasted and she found the opportunity to give it a chance today.

"There's a hundred options around Vancouver if you want to celebrate in a park," Yuna said, her eyes focused on pushing the straw through the lid of her tea. "Make a list, take your pick, I'll get us the reservation."

"Since we're all going to clear our schedules for this one, I was hoping that it would also be a little trip for us—you know, a mini getaway surrounded by nature and all."